Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• solarsolar Frets: 174
    The latest iteration..

Normally the two boards would be laid out next to each other rather than one above the other, obviously. 

The top board is the main "everyday playing" board. I've had fairly massive pedalboards in the past but I've finally come to the conclusion that clean, a bit fuzzy (the Land Devices HP-2), and a lot fuzzy (the Fuzzolo) are all I need - with tape echo on everything (and spring reverb from the amp). The volume pedal helps with swells and not having to muck about with the guitar volume control.

After the Echoplex, the signal goes through the One Control Mosquito Trails Blender. If I'm just playing normal everyday stuff, I can just keep the One Control turned off and send the output to the amp. But if I want to make weird noises (think Frippertronics), I can put the bottom board in the loop of the One Control (the Bright Onion box at the top is just a way to put the send/return in a more convenient place on the board).

With the One Control engaged, the signal goes through the top board, then out through the Ditto and then through the Super Wizard and then back to the loop return and to the amp. With the One Control bypassed, the signal from the guitar goes straight through the top board and out to the amp - but (and here's the clever bit) the One Control still blends in the signal from the loop return. This means I can set up a loop going on the Ditto, which is running through the Super Wizard and so making all kinds of crazy glitchy pitchy echoey nonsense, and then improvise over it without the lead guitar going through the Super Wizard.

I've probably made it sound much more complicated than it is! I'm finding it a very creative setup though :)

And before you ask - I didn't pay $50 for a pedalboard clock! I won it in a competition ;)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:
    Gassage said:
    Here's the latest incarnation with CE1 and EM under the board.

wow! not bad! :)

way too many colours for me, but still pretty good.

You would think Pete could squeeze two loops into one of those whopping LP-2 pedals
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeeByrdTeeByrd Frets: 159
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeeByrd said:
    You need more fuzz
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    Kultschar said:
    Paul_C said:
    Gassage said:
    Here's the latest incarnation with CE1 and EM under the board.

wow! not bad! :)

way too many colours for me, but still pretty good.

You would think Pete could squeeze two loops into one of those whopping LP-2 pedals
    Bloody right. Mahoosive - but very good.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Mine has been changed three times in a month after being static for a couple of years.

Bought a Zuma when I bought the Big Sky which meant I had ability to power more stuff than I could with the Hotstone HC. Then added a couple of Mooers; Trelicopter and Yellow Comp. They are great - unbelievable really for under £30 each. Then added the Phase 45 cos it was £45. Then couldn't resist the fact that Joe's Pedals put up some Hudson Broadcasts earlier in the week - I snaffled a two button version. People on the internet are right - it is superb. 

I had to lose the El Cap foot switch to fit it all in. Did some fiddling with pedal order; moved the Phase 45 to before dirt as it's more usable there. Order is pretty standard, Wah (Roger Mayer 9090A) - tuner - comp - phaser - broadcast - golden eagle - deco - el cap - big sky - trem - Trio+. 

Now I'm done!

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Not done - broadcast sounds better after the klone. Now I'm done!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Right I'm going to really try not to buy any more pedals for a while, this board covers all my needs and then some!

Cornish Buffer clone > Korg Pitchblack > Durham Sex Drive clone (to boost my tele) > Micro POG > Fairfield Accountant > Timmy clone > Bearfoot Uber Bee > Fuzzdog Pitbull > Super Hardon clone > Boss CE3 modded to CE2 specs > Line 6 M5 > Z Vex Instant LoFi Junky > Strymon Timeline > Eventide H9 > Boss DD6 (for stutter fx) > Strymon BlueSky > Boss RV5 > TC Electronic Ditto X2

• damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    edited September 2018
    My board in action last night...

• and underneath (because it cost so much it seems a shame to hide it)

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    damm73 said:o

Lots of fun to be had here! 
    Very fast uptake of the Dane too!
  • damm73 said:

Holy Christ, that looks like a LOT of fun to play through.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    edited September 2018
    Aint it cute?

Fuzz - self oscillating flanger - reverb - delay/looper

https://i.imgur.com/NS9NAWZ.jpg

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    DesVegas said:
    Aint it cute?

Those Zoom pedals are amazing value considering the sounds you can get. I had particular fun with reverse reverb, bitcrush and slicer...
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • DrHankWangfordSnrDrHankWangfordSnr Frets: 26
    edited September 2018
    Two versions

before Helix

and after (selling the pedals above) after Helix

the shiny black box is a rehoused FCB1010 (and its exp pedals) biding its time while i save for a Helix Control
  • EggmanEggman Frets: 43
    edited September 2018

I made this one from an old suitcase. One the lid I sprayed the band name for the audience to see.  ;)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    @joetele joetele said:
    DesVegas said:
    Aint it cute?

Those Zoom pedals are amazing value considering the sounds you can get. I had particular fun with reverse reverb, bitcrush and slicer...
    Eye, they're bloody brilliant. Didn't get on with the bit crusher but the reverbs are delicious and the octave down after the fuzz is amazing
    DesVegas said:
    @joetele joetele said:
    DesVegas said:
    Aint it cute?

Eye, they're bloody brilliant. Didn't get on with the bit crusher but the reverbs are delicious and the octave down after the fuzz is amazing
    Yeah, the bitcrush needs a lot of tweaking but I was doing weird things with an Ebow which sounded great. It's a decent enough approximation if you don't want to spend £200+ on a 'proper' Bitcrush pedal.  The Slicer is another fantastic one. When I can actually get my Katana software drivers to work, I'm going to put Slicer onto the amp. 
    edited September 2018
    Ok, I can finally reveal my board. After months of buying and selling different pedals, here is the current iteration which will stay as is for now. Potentially adding a Meris Enzo next year if I can afford one but that's it. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/F8XddRQ

Slight change (as it our wants)

https://i.imgur.com/IA3lmfr.jpg