Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited May 2015
    How do you like the ODR-1? I use mine for very light gain. How do you use your yellow comp?
    I use mine for fairly low gain, I have the Maxon set as my high-gain overdrive. I did used to use the ODR-1 for mid to high gain though, and it's sounded fantastic for every single application. It's probably the best overdrive I've ever used, for any money.

I use the Yellow Comp for very subtle compression, I don't go in for the super-squashed sound you get from Dyna Comps and the like. I have it set pretty transparently, all it really does is give me a little extra clean volume and smoothness. It also works a treat for thickening up the overdrives or for giving a very subtle gain boost to the Mesa's overdrive channel - not as much as kicking a low-gain overdrive in, but enough to make things a little more fluid. Really, really good compressor, and not just for the relatively small price - it's just very good.

I know it's strange having two overdrives AND a fuzz on the board when I'm using a Mesa which already has a screaming high-gain channel, but I've set this board up so I can take it anywhere, use any amp and have all the gain I need.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Looking great @Alnico !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Far from finished yet, still to come is 
    CAE wah
    Nano Pog
    Source Audio Nemesis
    Diamond Comp Jr
    and probs a CAE power supply
    and then I'll flight case it.... (so it can sit in my bedroom carefully ;) )

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    GavHaus said:
    Cioks underneath, surely?
    I was about to post something similar

get that psu mounted man (giggity)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    trying to work out which pedal goes on which board...the idea is to have one doom board, which will be high gain and some delay...and the second board being an experimental ambient board...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    But then no one will know you've for a Cioks and not just a Harley Benton ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    GavHaus said:
    GavHaus said:
    I was about to post something similar

get that psu mounted man (giggity)

ha, it has acually lived underneath since I first got it years ago, and the brackets are still there... but when I redid my board there was such much extra space my credit card kept yelling at me.  It was the best I could do ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    nickb_boy said:
    @GavHaus;637972" said:
    Didn't you know that Cioks is Danish for look how much fucking money I have? ;)  

For what it's worth, the only people judging it are you guys and my bedroom :'( 
    joeyowen said:
    nickb_boy said:
    @GavHaus;637972" said:

i only judge you because you dont have the pussy power...if its not pussy power then it aint a ciosks!
    samzadgan said:
    joeyowen said:
    nickb_boy said:
    @GavHaus;637972" said:

i only judge you because you dont have the pussy power...if its not pussy power then it aint a ciosks!
    feminists ruining everything again 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7228
    Powerfactor 2 for me. Wanted a ciokolate, obvs. If more Moogs come in, may add a cioks link of some kind
    GavHaus said:
    Powerfactor 2 for me. Wanted a ciokolate, obvs. If more Moogs come in, may add a cioks link of some kind
    CAE MC403 for me, has got the 18v needs too!

Diamond comp and Prince of tone

(need was the wrong word I guess)

Either way, I need a new power supply as I don't need the AC anymore and I need more DC.

Might as well go big or go home
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7870
    GavHaus said:
    IF ??
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    finally got done wiring up my big board...still need to make patch cables for the small board...but at least this is done and tested.

btw...@juansolo modded my Rat and Big Muff about 3 months ago, and it wasnt till tonight that i managed to actually try them out...let me just say...if you have a big muff (mine is about 5 years old, so not vintage etc) and you think it can do with a bit of kick in the back side...get a Mids control on it. Juansolo did that mod for me, and this pedal now is amazing. I never used the Muff, because the tone control was unuseable for me, past 12 o'clock it was too bright and shrill, and below was too muddy and lost. Now with the mid control, i turn that up and turn the tone knob down and i get big bottom end, but the mids brings back the cut without being too bright...simply amazing.

The Rat was a completely new circuit...but it sounds great, and there's three different rats to choose from, based on dip switches inside...big improvement on the previous circuit which was a re-issue circuit. To me it didnt sound that much like a rat...but now it will probably give me the black plague.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7870
    still no pedal board, but this is the current line-up I'm mucking around with :)

I've removed the expression pedals from the Rainbow Machine and the Count To Five for a while so that I can start jotting down a few of the variations that appeal to me, without having to leave one of them blank. I'm painfully aware that having accumulated so many pedals in a short space of time I've got a lot of learning to do before I have control over what some of them can really do, but I'm having fun nevertheless :)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Paul_C where is the bone collector man?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    edited May 2015
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom