Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Have we done the roadie tuner yet?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    My singer has one. Works in a quiet room, but can pick up the wrong note when someone else is playing. Sometimes it would go haywire, eg tuning the B down to G.

Not my cup of tea.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Thought everyone hated robot / electrical Tuners? 
    Not if they aren't a permanent ugly fixture cluttering up your headstock.

I have an SG with robot tuners and I hate them.  They're heavy, they look ridiculous and it infuriates me that I can't just quickly grab a tuning key in the time-honoured fashion if a string's a tiny bit out.

@Philly_Q , the Tronical tuners that Gibson use since the Dark Fire and Dusk Tiger (lovely guitar) days can be tuned manually, just not while you've got the machine doing it's thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22999
    @Philly_Q , the Tronical tuners that Gibson use since the Dark Fire and Dusk Tiger (lovely guitar) days can be tuned manually, just not while you've got the machine doing it's thing.
    So I gather!  I've got the first generation version with sensors in the bridge saddles, a tuning control replacing a tone control and a battery in the control compartment.  I think there may be a way of unlocking the tuners to use them manually, but I haven't sussed it out.

It's all on the headstock now, I think?
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    The Roadie 2 is an odd thing, I have had one for two weeks now and I think it is really an unnecessary gadget, but handy if you are super lazy perhaps.

They just updated the firmware today via the app, but I haven't had any time to really check out the difference that has made yet.

I would never buy one myself, but they sent me one to review and so I am trying it out to see what I think of it. 
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6196
    tFB Trader
    stonevibe said:
    The Roadie 2 is an odd thing, I have had one for two weeks now and I think it is really an unnecessary gadget, but handy if you are super lazy perhaps.

They just updated the firmware today via the app, but I haven't had any time to really check out the difference that has made yet.

I would never buy one myself, but they sent me one to review and so I am trying it out to see what I think of it. 
    i supported them on kickstarter ages ago and 2 weeks ago received my roadie 2.... i really do like it but basically it is a tool for the lazy. that being said i enjoy it and the alternate tuning modes look to be useful. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    I like it a lot. Totally a tool for the lazy, but count me in there!

I use a few alternate tunings (4 in one band) and it’s great for that. Avoids lengthy retuning in rehearsals or taking multiple guitars. 
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    kjdowd said:
    got mine yesterday. Ace little gadget. Not wholly convinced about the fine tuning but will be v useful for string changes and changing tunings. V impressed. 

https://www.roadietuner.com/
    my one is called Chris.. lol..
    play every note as if it were your first
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Man, I refuse to even use a string winder. 

The only benefit one of those would give me is maybe having saved 2 hours total over the course of my previous string changes.. which I’d only have used wanking anyway. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    skunkwerx said:
    Man, I refuse to even use a string winder. 

The only benefit one of those would give me is maybe having saved 2 hours total over the course of my previous string changes.. which I’d only have used wanking anyway. 

After 2 hours of wanking you won't have the strength to tune up without one of these gizmos
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    I have noticed that the Roadie 2 suffers quite badly in noisy environments, anyone else having this issue?
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway