SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Hard case suitable for Gibson Les Paul SPECIAL - NOW SORTED :)

What's Hot
glt56glt56 Frets: 209
edited December 2017 in Guitars £
Anyone got a spare case for a Les Paul Special, NOT the standard Les Paul case 'cos the Special flops about due to its thinner body and lack of curve top.  I'd prefer a Hiscox but open to suggestions?
Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    I bought a case from Flightcase Warehouse for mine when I had one. Made by Spider - wasn't dear and it was good.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• glt56glt56 Frets: 209
     impmann said:
    I bought a case from Flightcase Warehouse for mine when I had one. Made by Spider - wasn't dear and it was good.
    Just sent mine back to Flightcase Warehouse as the guitar flops about.  Emailed them with pics and to be fair they apologised and suggested packing it with extra foam.  I feel it sort of defeats the object of having a fitted case though?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1675
    The best case I have found so far for my Les Paul Special is an 80's Gibson Gen 3 Protector Case. Unlike the earlier Gen 1 & 2 models which were multi-purpose (all solid body Gibson guitars), the Gen 3 cases were made specifically for SG's and Specials. Mine fits like a glove even with the steeper headstock angle. They pop up on ebay now and again, I paid £80 for mine.

Good luck.
    Rob
    Cheers for the info Rob, I'll keep an eye open for one.
  • Even the custom shop don’t supply cases that actually fit!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    Even the custom shop don’t supply cases that actually fit!
    TBH a friend had a mid 70s one and that wasn’t a perfect fit.

I’d also mention that the Hiscox one doesn’t fit very well.

My Spider Case fitted quite well - it was a DC  but I did put a pad under it to take up a touch of slack. Frankly, for the money it was brilliant.

If you want it 100% perfect straight out the box, you’ll be spending three figures on a custom made flight case, in my experience.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

impmann said:
    Even the custom shop don’t supply cases that actually fit!
    TBH a friend had a mid 70s one and that wasn’t a perfect fit.

I’d also mention that the Hiscox one doesn’t fit very well.

My Spider Case fitted quite well - it was a DC  but I did put a pad under it to take up a touch of slack. Frankly, for the money it was brilliant.

If you want it 100% perfect straight out the box, you’ll be spending three figures on a custom made flight case, in my experience.
    I'm sure you're right but, how nuts is that??  There's loads of LP Juniors & Specials around, you'd think someone would make a decent feckin' case wouldn't ya!?
    :)
    Finally found a fantastic case for my Gibson Les Paul Special.  It's a TGI ABS Case Pathfinder Series for Electric Guitar -1503 and the guitar fits perfectly! WooHoo!  :# 
    Got mine here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TGI-ABS-Case-Pathfinder-Series-for-Electric-Guitar-1503/232598875651?epid=26003758363&hash=item3627f92e03:g:~PIAAOSwU4FZ~bS2
  • photekphotek Frets: 1469
    glt56 said:
    Finally found a fantastic case for my Gibson Les Paul Special.  It's a TGI ABS Case Pathfinder Series for Electric Guitar -1503 and the guitar fits perfectly! WooHoo!  :# 
    Got mine here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TGI-ABS-Case-Pathfinder-Series-for-Electric-Guitar-1503/232598875651?epid=26003758363&hash=item3627f92e03:g:~PIAAOSwU4FZ~bS2
  • photekphotek Frets: 1469
    For some reason my comment above isn't showing and I can edit it with the cog so let's try again... Thanks for sharing the link, I have been after one for my Jr for a while, I will be ordering one of these.
    photek said:
    For some reason my comment above isn't showing and I can edit it with the cog so let's try again... Thanks for sharing the link, I have been after one for my Jr for a while, I will be ordering one of these.
    No worries!  :)