NGD: Rickenbacker

What's Hot
I was hugely dissapointed when I auditioned a Ric 360/12 due to the narrow neck. I've a 330/6 and the neck is fine for me, but, cram another 6 strings on there and my fretting hand just kept cramping up. The shop assistant handed me a 1993 Plus, which has a slightly wider neck...but narrower than another 12 sting I have. It was a beautiful guitar and one I could get along with. I just couldn't justify the expense.
That was about 2 years ago. This year I decided to get a 360/12 second hand and convinced myself that, with lots of practice, I'd manage the normal (narrow) 12 string Ric neck. I searched for a few months and was prepared to trade my 330/6, when, I chanced upon a shop selling this Jet-glo 1993 Plus with a favourable price tag.
I've had it a couple of months now and mosly play with metal finger picks & thumbpick, which is new for me, but has been surprisingly easier than I'd thought. The wider string spacing likely helps. It came with 10-46 (too heavy!), but, I've brought that down to 8-40 (too light!). I'll try 9-42 next.
I've considered reversing the E & A pairs around from Ric string placement to the usual string placement, but, I need to A-B that with my other 12 just to see how much the Ric string placement effects the sound.
Anyway...here it is.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments