SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD ; MAYBACH LESTER AGED '59 BURST

DominicDominic Frets: 16113
edited December 2017 in Guitars £

MAYBACH LESTER AGED '59 BURST

'CHERRY LANE' COLOUR

MAYBACH LESTER AGED '59 BURST

'CHERRY LANE' COLOUR

Photos speak for themselves - one of the prettiest and best aged, nitro finish Les Paul type guitars you will ever see.

It is an awesome looker, built to '59 replica spec.

Plays as well as any other L.P.

Sounds pretty fantastic too.

These come as standard with German hand wound AMBER pickups which retail for more money than a set of Lollar Imperials and considerably more than a set of OX4s.

If you want to hear more of the Amber PAF tones listen to some of Gregor Hilden's YouTube vids - plenty there and they sound spectacular.

Superb finish and superb value compared to it's inspiration.

This particular guitar originally cost over £2,000 as a premium was charged to hand select it from over 100 at Guittarrensuisse although you can buy a new one from Thomann today for exactly £1,700, however, this colour and degree of checking is now no longer available. 

Let's not do the boring Gibson comparison/debate; it's tiresome and subjective.  I'm a very average player with average ears (and it sounded spot-on to me) so I'll let a good player with good ears do the talking; The Late Michael Caswell;

£1,200 ono

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArTTP0jjJsU&feature=youtu.be

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments