I've got some time this weekend... might do an amp shootout...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    It might be grounding. I'm due to hit a friends house next weekend to get him to just redo the entire electronics side of things. I decided I didn't like the series/para option, so going over to coil taps for each pickup, two volumes, 3-way selector. No tones. Fuck tones.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26665
    Drew_fx said:
    Wife just asked me what I'm doing tomorrow. Told her about this. She called me a geek. What a bitch.
    In fairness, she's pretty much spot-on there. If she wasn't, you wouldn't be spending your whole day making a video about amps.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    True. True.
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    edited March 2014
    Drew_fx said: Wife just asked me what I'm doing tomorrow. Told her about this. She called me a geek. What a bitch.

Your' wife is
    talking to you ?. C'mon man, get with the groove.   :-w

;)
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    All of that ^^, with no effects (maybe a tiny bit of reverb to give it some air). Focus on rhythm sounds with a bit of lead stuff, on the basis that 80% of every song is rhythm playing...

To get more air, open a window. Play the amp honestly with no tricked up sounds. In other words it's sweet spot - what it does best.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum