Drop fill superglue

What super glue should I use if I want to attempt some drop fill repairs?  Can I just use a tube of Bostik from the supermarket or do I need something a bit fancier than that?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    I'd practice sanding down just a spot - to avoid sanding a depression all round the spot - Stewmac has some good videos on the topic, looks to buff up well.

Also experiment with the dyes - some mix with superglue, some don't. .

I use Gorilla Superglue and Gel, and aerosol superglue accelerator to avoid the hours it takes to harden
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16736

you can use any superglue, but some will be thinner, thicker and have different drying times. 

Get a bottle rather than a tube - tubes should be considered single use only

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7049
    tFB Trader
    If you want it to wick into cracks then thinner is better.

For a bigger fill, apply a bit of accelerator first, it helps the glue dry clear.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3055
    I filled a little ding on the edge of my walnut topped thinline Tele......it worked a treat amd have to look really closely to find it......
    I found that if the superglue is really thin viscosity it can run, which is worth knowing.....
    I filled the ding a drop at a time, let dry and repeat until just a bit higher than the surrounding surface, then block sanded, starting with 1k wet n dry with a drop of dish soap in the water and gradually sanded flat, then onto finer paper finishing with TCut cutting paste.... 
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll