Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The League of Gentlemen.. New Episodes

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I loved the new episodes. Snagged some tickets for the Manc Arena date as well. Absolutely LOVE the live DVD they did a while back, so I can't wait.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubble said:
    FX_Munkee said:
    Also, who else was secretly happy for Les McQueen ?

I was very happy for him.

I missed a tiny bit last night that someone could enlighten me on (the wife was talking too loudly) where the vicar/mayor explained why she sold the town for fracking - what was the reason?

I thought she said something like "she told me to do it", but didn't reveal who that was?

10/10 for me.

I will now watch it again, there are a lot of subtle references to pick up on. Did you notice the plastic bag flying in the background in the last scene? I've just watched series 1 again, hope they will show 2 and 3 next on BBC4.

After hearing Pamela Doove reading the shipping forecast, I had to  watch the bottle of orange juice sketch again, I'm in stitches every time I see it, so ridiculously funny

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57 said:
    Not a fan. It’s a bit too close to home for me. They actually film it in my hometown and could be a fly on the wall documentary. 
    Which town is it filmed in?
    Technically a village... Hadfield near Glossop, Derbyshire.
  • Didn't enjoy the finale as much. Was hoping for some more Herr Lipp also. The bingo caller and Babs were the highlights for me. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    I recorded the new episodes and our virgin box has managed to find every other episode from Series 1 onwards. Result! I shall have a binge watch over Xmas. 
    I enjoyed the new ones, I agree the bingo caller monologue was brilliant. Tubbs still cracks me up too. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    The original radio series is on R4extra (iPlayer) at the moment - worth it as it's really rather funny too ;)
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2561
    edited December 2017
    Loved it, I’m a  big fan. Much better without the canned laughter. Liked the No. 9 reference at the end of episode 1. Bingo caller was brilliant and tragic, similar to the guide at Stumphole Cavern. Hearing the theme tune again made me smile.

Highlight for me? Geoff Tipps... :D
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I highly recommend the LOG film. Geoff tipps, Hilary briss and herr lipp trying to save the world from Armageddon. 
  • Jut wow. Beautifully done. I cried. Magnificent 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2610
    tFB Trader
    I enjoyed watching them..  Oddly enough even though I don't usually like canned laughter as a general rule I actually kind of miss it for this program..   I need to watch it again though which I think also happened the first time I watched the first series before I really appreciated it...
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    edited December 2017

I've just been given a Royston Vasey snowglobe as a secret santa gift.

I now own one of the precious things !

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubble said:

I've just been given a Royston Vasey snowglobe as a secret santa gift.

I now own one of the precious things !

Kewl, kewl
  • We watched the first one last night. I thought it was well done but my 17 year old son was not amused, if you come to this without context maybe it doesn’t work. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Just caught first episode. Fantastic. 
    Absolutely agreed pure excellence sorry Mr frog ain't there
  • Overall it was absolutely brilliant imho. Fantastically gruesome characters, laugh out loud funny, poignant in places, and several digs at the insanity of Brexit.

I was also left pondering the significance of the red plastic bag floating in the wind at the end. Might well watch it all over again over Christmas.
  • keithfkeithf Frets: 372
    I was dreading watching, just in case it was a car crash, It worked tremendously but now is the time for memories,
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    gubble said:
    FX_Munkee said:
    Also, who else was secretly happy for Les McQueen ?

I was very happy for him.

I missed a tiny bit last night that someone could enlighten me on (the wife was talking too loudly) where the vicar/mayor explained why she sold the town for fracking - what was the reason?

I thought she said something like "she told me to do it", but didn't reveal who that was?

10/10 for me.

I will now watch it again, there are a lot of subtle references to pick up on. Did you notice the plastic bag flying in the background in the last scene? I've just watched series 1 again, hope they will show 2 and 3 next on BBC4.

After hearing Pamela Doove reading the shipping forecast, I had to  watch the bottle of orange juice sketch again, I'm in stitches every time I see it, so ridiculously funny

I believe it was "He made me do it"... 

I think the whole fracking theme was a set up for Papa Lazarou's punchline 
  • I think your right @Myranda , since I posted the above I’ve seen this explanation in a review and it makes sense... also that the vicar has been imprisoned by papa l previously? 

I keep remembering lines.....when Les was talking about his old bandmate..”no no, yewtree” :lol: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1960
    Only just watched the 1st of the latest 3 episodes. Loved it. Everything is as it should be.