Help with cabling my board!

What's Hot
MwnciMwnci Frets: 6
Im finally getting my board together, i was going to cable it 

TU3- RCBOOST- TR2- ORGANIZER -RV3 -SURFRIDER -AVALANCHE RUN -DL4- FLASHBACK

ive a Zuma underneath.  id bought a a Supatrem but there's only so much room!  will put this for sale soon.

Does anyone have any tips?  any help would be great!  Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo2lna0u6611zfe/IMG_1113.JPG?raw=1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tips????? Take the output from one to the input of the next. In the order you’ve listed above. 

How very rock and roll
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28516
    Also use good jacks and cable, and test every single cable before connecting it, because it'll be a pain to get them back out once it's all assembled.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Sorry I was being overly sarcastic. I would say though that you are gonna struggle. You’ll think you’ve left enough space but you haven’t going by that picture. Just take your time and think methodically and you’ll be reight. 
    How very rock and roll
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 896
    How about TU3 - ORGANIZER - TR2 - DL4- FLASHBACK - SURFRIDER - AVALANCHE RUN- RV3 - RCBOOST? ie: delay before reverb, boost just before the amp input?

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • What kind of tips were you after @Mwnci ; ? 

As others have mentioned you defo end up needing a bit more breathing room between pedals than you realise, even if you pancake jacks. Whatever you do don't use those double ended jacks that don't have a cable between - seem like a good idea but they can really damage your pedals if you're not careful.

I tend to like reverb after delay personally as it gives an overall ambience, and putting delay tails into reverb can quickly overwhelm things. But that's totally a creative choice, if it gets the sound you're after then no reason not to. 

Trem is another one to play about with positioning - the earlier in the chain it is the the less pronounced the effect will be, if you put it right at the end after even Reverbs and delays you'll get the maximum chopiness, without delays and reverbs swelling into the space.
    Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MwnciMwnci Frets: 6
    Hey thanks!  @markjohnson ;  @Gadget ;  @Sporky ; and even the sarcasm!    @benmurray85 ;   exactly that,  the sequence, Reverb before or after delay, and the boost at the start or end, ill try the delay then reverb as @markjohnson and @Gadget says and ill go for the boost at the end .  id seen a William Tyler pedalboard set up on youtube so its kinda based on that in pedal choice
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28516
    I'd boost before delay and reverb - otherwise the trails get boosted too.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited December 2017
    tuner >  eqd organsier >  RC Boost  > tremolo >  
    > delay#1/looper #1 (flashback)  > reverb #1 >   eqd avalanche delay#2/reverb#2 >  reverb#3/delay#3 (RV3)
     >  looper# 2/ delay#4  (DL4) 

you have too much delay and reverb, and not enough dirt. p  

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

Ha!  @Ro_S im gonna do another board for dirt!  i might leave the surf rider off if i dont have enough space
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    Roland’s first law of FX: You will change your mind, so make your board easy to change.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Sporky said:
    I'd boost before delay and reverb - otherwise the trails get boosted too.
    But maybe at the risk of overloading the inputs of FX later in the chain, depending on how much you're boosting (?)
  • Ro_S said:

you have too much delay and reverb, and not enough dirt. p  

How dare you sir!? No amount of delay and reverb is EVER enough.
    Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
  • Yeah actually another thing - what amp are you going into? and are you going to want to use the drive on the amp? 
    edited December 2017
    Hi @markjohnson , ive a Cornell Romany Pro, so plenty of drive on the amp.  Im beginning to think about putting a Flint on the board and doing away with the Boss Trem and the surf rider, itll make more room
    Got it to work!  gone with @Gadget 's list to try, not sure with the Supa-trem, managed to fit it but ill see how it works with switching, i should get a switcher really , anyhow, 

Tuner-Organizer-Supatrem-DL4-Flashback-Surfrider-Avalanche-RV3-RC  , thanks for your help!  just need a volume pedal now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auaj4jjmsz380a4/board2.JPG?raw=1  ;

Cool. Hope it works out for you :)