Broken reverb pot? Musicman RP65. Advice needed!

Hey!
So, I'm having an issue with the reverb on this amp. When I hit the tank, you can hear the springs splash about (unless you turn it off via the footswitch). But the pot isn't bringing any reverb into the signal- it's permanently off. Is this an issue with the pot or something else?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    The problem is in the reverb drive circuit or the reverb tank input transducer, you have proved the recovery circuit is operational by tapping the tank. The reverb depth pot is actually in the recovery circuit on this amp so is unlikely to be the problem. If you have a multi-meter you can test the input transducer for resistance, it is driven by an op-amp circuit so DC resistance wise should be typically around 50-100 ohms. Also check the cables and connections, other than that it is probably off to your local amp tech I'm afraid.    
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72532
    Quite likely a broken wire in the reverb tank - this is the most common problem, and on older Accutronics tanks is easily fixed because it breaks at the RCA socket end. (On modern ones it breaks at the transducer bobbin, almost always at the return end, and is much harder to fix.)

Check the RCA plugs are tight at the tank and (if it has them, I can't remember) the amp end first, since it could also be that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Quite likely a broken wire in the reverb tank - this is the most common problem, and on older Accutronics tanks is easily fixed because it breaks at the RCA socket end. (On modern ones it breaks at the transducer bobbin, almost always at the return end, and is much harder to fix.)

Check the RCA plugs are tight at the tank and (if it has them, I can't remember) the amp end first, since it could also be that.
    Legend you are. Bag is way tight and one of the leads had disconnected from the input on the tank. Thanks dude!