Marshall JFX1 or Tc Eletronic G force

What's Hot
what is better the Marshall JFX1 or Tc Eletronic G force? and why?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GadgetGadget Frets: 896
    The G-Force is a lot more versatile.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • how?
    The JFX-1 only has chorus, delay and reverb. It is a decent quality unit, if a little un-exciting or inspiring sounding.

The GForce has lots more algorithms and effects and is a more enjoyable prospect all round. It has great sound quality and there are some good readymade presets on a PCMCIA artist card, if you can find one.

I've owned both and kept the GForce a lot longer than the JFX.
  • ok, i own both g-force ans jfx
    Ah right, I didn't realise you own both.

Obviously then, you can do side-by-side comparisons and see which you think is better. There is no right answer. Like anything else, all elements of your rig are going to vary from mine, as well as what sounds you may be after.

Looking back at the units (I haven't owned either for about 5 years now) there were a couple of features, over and above my perception of better sound quality, that helped me choose to keep the GForce. This was the stereo inputs, which meant I could put the unit anywhere in my setup, either pre or post other stereo FX. For instance, as it has some nice reverbs and I prefer those towards the end of the chain, it enabled me to put the GForce after my TC 1210 and TC 2290 without losing their stereo FX. In contrast, the JFX only has mono input. Latterly, I also used the GForce's S/PDIF for digital connection to my computer audio interface. The JFX doesn't have that.

I also preferred the display, visual routings and wealth of direct-access buttons on the GForce a bonus.
  • ok, i like to have both the g-force and jfx .i only recently bought the jfx on ebay from holland for £275, considering how rare they are to buy, i thought that was a steal
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

Have you even got your JFX-1 yet? I see you 'won' the auction only on the 14th....so 2 days ago...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=marshall jfx-1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    Serious answer - if you own both - spend some time and play with them and see what suits you best

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• k