Boss Big Muff

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27142
The Corgan EHX thread reminded me I hadn't posted this - I thought ICBM might approve..

https://www.reddit.com/r/diypedals/comments/7e6sv8/finished_the_enclosure_for_my_boss_big_muff_build/

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72506
    Want!

:D

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw the three title and thought this was gonna be their latest collaboration like the Angry Boss thing. 

I love the sound of a Big Muff with an SD1. That would be a dream collab for me. 
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72506
    To be honest, if they did do one it would be really cool to have more EQ for those who don't like the scooped-mids thing, and possibly different modes - basically like the FZ-2, the main fuzz circuit of which is a copy of the Shin-Ei FY-6/Univox Superfuzz, but with active EQ and a clean boost mode.

I have to admit I prefer the FZ-2 to the Big Muff as well as to the FY-6.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1749
    I want this !
  • Boss need to do a Waza Fuzz.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    To be honest, if they did do one it would be really cool to have more EQ for those who don't like the scooped-mids thing....
    That’s why I love the SD1 with the Muff. The SD1 essentially being a TS plugs the Muffs EQ holes. So to speak. 
    How very rock and roll
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    edited December 2017
    I really want one of these!
    I've been spectacularly unsuccessful with EHX pedals -- they all f*cking die on me.  I'll never waste money on another.
    Every muff, other than my first one, has been made by someone else.
    I'd love Boss reliability and a Big Muff sound.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Boss need to do a Waza Fuzz.
    with COSM ?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Grunfeld said:
    I really want one of these!
    I've been spectacularly unsuccessful with EHX pedals -- they all f*cking die on me.  I'll never waste money on another.
    Every muff, other than my first one, has been made by someone else.
    I'd love Boss reliability and a Big Muff sound.
    Way Huge S/Pickle?
    Way Huge Russian Pickle?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    Ro_S said:
    Way Huge S/Pickle?
    Way Huge Russian Pickle?
    Russian seems to be quite cheap at the moment.  £130 in PMT.
    As it happens I've been using a Wampler Velvet Fuzz for a while
    It's definitely not a muff but it does the creamy, sustainy thing very well.
  • If I remember correctly that Warmouth switch thing has issues.  The design originally came from someone (I think a name like Jack deVille?) on TGP years ago who made them for a while and then sold it to Warmouth.   I can't for the life of me remember what the concern was though.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Ro_S said:
    Boss need to do a Waza Fuzz.
    with COSM ?
    COSM Wool
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Boss, please reissue/wazafy your fz2 and fz3 pedals too. 
  • clarkefan said:
    If I remember correctly that Warmouth switch thing has issues.  The design originally came from someone (I think a name like Jack deVille?) on TGP years ago who made them for a while and then sold it to Warmouth.   I can't for the life of me remember what the concern was though.
    Jack deville is Mr black / Friday club pedals. Has also done some work with/for caitlinbread