Has PayPal changed withdrawal rules?

What's Hot
It’s taking 3 days now to withdraw any money to my bank account (3 withdrawals all state pending)

Has it changed? It’s caused me to go overdrawn and I’m fuming but seems there’s nothing I can do. I’m done with it after this. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72563
    Withdraw? I thought the whole point of it was to keep a secret pedal fund hidden from your other half.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Withdraw? I thought the whole point of it was to keep a secret pedal fund hidden from your other half.

Normally that’s totally the case! But had to shift a grand over. Moved £500, pending, £50, went straight over and this morning first thing the test which is still pending. 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    I think it's just a bit random. Transferred £90 a month ago and it took 4 days, transferred £150 the other week and it was there next morning. Still better than it used to be, when I first sold some stuff on ebay about 14 years ago it often took 10 days to transfer.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    It’s taking 3 days now to withdraw any money to my bank account (3 withdrawals all state pending)

Has it changed? It’s caused me to go overdrawn and I’m fuming but seems there’s nothing I can do. I’m done with it after this. 
    Been three days since the UK operation became a UK bank which was ages ago. It's worth getting a PayPal credit card if you have cash in the account.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ICBM said:

Have a LOL for honesty and accuracy...
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12412
    The last withdrawal I did, a couple of months ago, the money was in my account within an hour. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    ICBM said:

My wife uses my Paypal so I have the other problem.  If I sell a pedal she'll spend it before I can withdraw it.

If I don't have a balance, then it racks up on my credit card!

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    crunchman said:
    ICBM said:

My wife uses my Paypal so I have the other problem.  If I sell a pedal she'll spend it before I can withdraw it.

Sounds like time to change your password....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    The last withdrawal I did, a couple of months ago, the money was in my account within an hour. 
    Same here.
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1247
    How quickly the funds can be withdrawn depends on the status of your account, and if the funds have been cleared.

I'm not sure how personal accounts work, but if you've sold via eBay, the funds may not be fully released until you've received positive feedback for whatever you've sold.
    I know until my business account became fully confirmed, anything I sold via eBay the funds were held until I'd received positive feedback for any sold item, or 30 days had passed.

Now, everything has been confirmed, I can withdraw money immediately, and it's in my bank account within minutes.

• boogieman said:
    Same here.
    Almost instantly earlier in the week for me
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3175
    tFB Trader
    All of my withdrawals are instant.

However, when I changed my account details it went back to 3 days for a while before reverting back to instant.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• RiftAmps said:
    All of my withdrawals are instant.

However, when I changed my account details it went back to 3 days for a while before reverting back to instant.
    I did set up PayPal on new iPhone so maybe that’s caused it...
  • Octafish said:
    crunchman said:
    ICBM said:

sounds like time to change your wife
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    Octafish said:
    crunchman said:
    ICBM said:

sounds like time to change your wife

No.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/64223/my-wife-is-amazing-ngd/p1

The pictures in that thread are probably photobucket so won't work any more.

I also got a Thorpy Fallout Cloud for my birthday this year.

There was also the time we were watching something where the guitarist had a White Falcon.  She said that it looked nice and I should get one.  Who am I to argue?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's instant when I do it too. I feel your pain though, I'm glad those days are gone. Bills coming out and making you go overdrawn while your paypal payment takes forever to clear. Used to be very very frustrating.  
  • It’s still not cleared, so will it clear over weekend? They’ve now made £1000 completely useless to me that I was desperate for this weekend.
  • My withdrawal requests are processed instantly as well. I get an email that it can take up to 3 working days, but usually the funds are in my account before I receive that email.
  • I withdrew from PayPal today and the money was in my account almost instantly.

My friend has the money held for about 5 working days though.. Not sure how new his account is though. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16146
    Dire operation if you ever have cause to complain ......you can have the privilege of trying to explain the financial woe to a 14 year old child in the Philippines ......who promises a manager will call you but they refuse and send you generic text messages with statements such as "stay cool "..........................guess I'm just too old and remember something we used to call service
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom