NAD mesa content

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• p90fool said:
     Im a firm believer in if a new amp aint putting a smile on your face in less than 5 mins, youve bought the wrong amp, and that belief has served me well.
    I disagree, it took me months to learn how to "play" a Princeton, a few days with a Champ and even a good four or five hours with a Pignose yesterday.

These are all incredibly simple amps which sound ok immediately, but I've had to learn how to bring out what they're fantastic at, and I learn something about my own playing in the process. 

It's worth the struggle sometimes.   
    I think this is the case with a lot of amps, in that it requires spending time dialing in a sound that works with your guitar. In my experience, Mesa amps have a very responsive eq, and need adjusting to find the sweet spot, but it's worth the effort.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CarpeDiem said:
    p90fool said:
     Im a firm believer in if a new amp aint putting a smile on your face in less than 5 mins, youve bought the wrong amp, and that belief has served me well.
    I disagree, it took me months to learn how to "play" a Princeton, a few days with a Champ and even a good four or five hours with a Pignose yesterday.

These are all incredibly simple amps which sound ok immediately, but I've had to learn how to bring out what they're fantastic at, and I learn something about my own playing in the process. 

It's worth the struggle sometimes.   
    I think this is the case with a lot of amps, in that it requires spending time dialing in a sound that works with your guitar. In my experience, Mesa amps have a very responsive eq, and need adjusting to find the sweet spot, but it's worth the effort.
    Agreed. And every amp I have owned has been different. Of the 7 Mesa rigs I've owned, I've kept the LSC and Dyne, which I find easiest to dail in quickly. As someone said above, I no longer have the patience to constantly tweak the very responsive Mesa EQ whenever I change guitar / pups / strings etc, to get the sound I need ... at the expense of playtime

I guess the need for simplicity comes with advancing age ... that's my excuse at least ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom