SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Classic Series '72 Telecaster Custom

JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8800
edited December 2017 in Guitars £
Hey you crazy cats!  The guitar carousel just keeps on turning.  Taken as part of a cash/trade deal thing, this is one cool lookin' guitar but (a) me and teles just don't really mix, and (b) I need to raise funds to buy @brownovich's ace-cool wares prontissimo.

So.  As Fender put it:

• Maple neck with “C” profile, “bullet” truss rod, three-bolt neck plate and Micro-Tilt™
  • 7.25”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets
  • Fender Wide Range humbucking neck pickup
  • Single-coil Telecaster bridge pickup
  • Three-way toggle pickup switch on upper shoulder
  • Four skirted amp control knobs (volume and tone for each pickup)
  • Vintage-style string-through-body Telecaster bridge with three chrome “barrel” saddles
It's been played - the pickguard shows strummmmmmming marks in certain lights,and there's the odd (very small) ding.  The pickup selector knob crackles a bit when flicking between the tele twangin' single coil and the beefy mofo of the humbucker, but works fine.  There's a little bit of discoloration by the fret marker at the 9th fret, pictured, but you can't actually feel it when playing.  Oh yeah, and the tuning knob for the top 'e' string is slightly bent but again works fine.  Think that's it for warts and all.  Thank Crom.

Comes with (I think) Wilkinson hard case - it has 'W's stamped on the catches, anyway.  Slightly battered externally but nothing structural, perfectly fine and clean inside.

Who wants a tele and instant street cred for Xmas?  £425 takes it.

N/Central London, Herts : pickup/meetup/collection.  Or I'll drive.  a bit.   

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8800
    And sold (subject to logistical issues)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom