Who are the lucky people that when given a time slot for a delivery?

What's Hot
and who are actually first of the day.

It's never me. I am waiting for currys to deliver a washing machine between 1 and 5 and now its quarter to 7,

of course at this point the customer services are closed. it won't turn up now and spend a day pulling out everything out the kitchen and under the sink waiting for these idiots. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I usually know when certain companies will deliver, ParceForce normally 1pm, FedEx 2pm and DPD around 3-4pm. I suspect cos the depot is near us we are the last to get our stuff from certain companies, meaning we have to wait all day for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had an attempt at a delivery at 7:55 this morning.

Normally they're attempting at 4:30pm at the earliest. 
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • NeillNeill Frets: 943
    We always get deliveries in the morning  - our local courier says he always tries to prioritise business customers but I think that's just him.    
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    I'm always in when Hermes deliver between 2am and 4am.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Had the same with curry’s and their “know how team” ended up taking them to the small claims court and won.I long as I’am alive I will never deal with them again.
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    I’m disputing with the card company already. I ordered this ages ago specifically for today as it’s a busy period and I can’t trust them. Couldn’t even get through. Never will use them again 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4319
    edited December 2017
    I've been the first drop of the day with Argos.

But I didn't feel lucky when the wardrobe collapsed in the middle of the night a couple of weeks later. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• I was expecting a delivery from Yodel today, who's local depot it about 7 miles down the road.  The driver hadn't been by 2:30pm so I texted him (Yodel gives you the driver's mobile number via their website) and asked him if I "had missed him". About 10 minutes later he texted me back saying he'd be with me shortly and, sure enough, he came a little while later. 

When he rang my doorbell I answered and he gave me the parcel and I signed for it.  He said if I was ever expecting anything from Yodel again, and he was delivering, to give him a text first thing and he'd give me an estimated time as to when he'd call at my house.  

Quick tip: its pointless trying to contact most of these couriers via twitter as they are answering messages with approximately 24 hours delay on busy periods.  It's much better to use the online chat function or, when available, send a friendly text to the driver.  

Quick trivia: Postmen / women aren't allowed to wear earphones/ headphone in case someone calls them back and they don't hear them.  
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    I was first drop off for fence panels I ordered from a company in sheffield (I live on the south coast) bloke turned up at 9 having left sheffield at 4 and refused a cup of tea!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12414
    edited December 2017
    DPD always send you a text with a one hour delivery slot and they’ve always been on time, at our house at least. 

The worst culprits have been Wickes: their delivery message for my last order was “Hi! Just to confirm we’ll be delivering your order tomorrow between 8am -7pm”. Yeah, thanks for that.  s
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12415
    I’m sure there must be a “when you pop to the bog for a quick shit that you’ve been holding in for 6 hrs cos you’ve been waiting for the delivery” option.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12414
    I’m sure there must be a “when you pop to the bog for a quick shit that you’ve been holding in for 6 hrs cos you’ve been waiting for the delivery” option.
    This is where we need a WisLol option! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16767
    I had an all day Saturday delivery for a shed once.   It hadn’t arrived by 5pm so I chased the company.

it was delivered at 6am, left in an alley down the side of the house.  I was living in a mid terrace at the time with no alleys.

They had a picture of the delivery.  It was the wrong house on a different street a mile away.  I had to send them google street views of both houses to prove that.  

They suggested I go pick it up.  I refused, not carrying a shed that far.

their “resolution” was to send a driver out to recover the shed, then rearrange delivery if they were successful.  Not send me a new one, not refund me, not apologise???

it was about 6 years ago and still makes me angry.  ;)
    Got through to them this morning. Saying it’s out of stock. Ridiculous really 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16767
    I should say, I don’t mind when things go wrong... but I absolutely hate it when companies try and make their mistake your problem
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2017
    Whoops double post
  • I used to get big stuff delivered to my school...until most of the couriers changed their route putting school at the end. Funny how there's nobody in school at 8pm and they couldn't work that out on their own! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you