Germanium Fuzz Face Clone

What's Hot
kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
Can anyone suggest an excellent, stompbox-sized germanium fuzz face clone? I've been considering the analogman sun face as it gets rave reviews but was wondering what else there is out there before I make a decision.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/Fuzz_Face/p847124_4240480.aspx

Lee will even build it for you for a small price!... go for the ac128 option. 

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Moving my MI Audio Neo Fuzz with AC128s in if you’re interested in that. 
  • antifash said:
    Moving my MI Audio Neo Fuzz with AC128s in if you’re interested in that. 
    Damn I thought you were going to say you were moving on your NKT275 and was about to pounce lol 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    @hotpickups I think you’re hallucinating...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antifash said:
    @hotpickups I think you’re hallucinating...
    Ha ha I know strong paracetamol indeed ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    There's a small company that go by the name of Fulltone which make nice germanium fuzz. Turn the bias all the way up (input) and contour right down. Only £100 sh. Don't know why they don't get more love TBH.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited December 2017
    Throbak Fuzz Haze - I had one for sale on here for a couple of months, but it sold last week.

MJM London Fuzz (red version) - I have one I might trade,

Fulltone '69 - go relatively cheaply on ebay used, i've noticed lately.  'getting the sense that Fulltone generally isn't as desirable anymore; maybe not trendy enough.

I do have for sale straight-up boutique silicon Fuzz Faces for sale if that is any good;  also, germanium Tonebenders mk2 / mk3.

p.s.
    btw, MI Audio Neo Fuzz isn't a Fuzz Face clone.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    If you’re after Hendrix fuzz, the answer is simple: Sonus. Patrizio is in my mind the top YouTube Hendrix player and his Pedal builds are of simple beauty. 
    A warning: germanium can be noisy. If you want zero hum, look for something else. My germanium sounds incredible but I can’t suffer the accompanying noise forcing me to stick with silicon. I’ve had my hands on a dozen 60/70 original fuzzfaces and they’re so bloody noisy. And big. And expensive. And always breaking.