Modulation in stereo or pre/post?

hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
edited December 2017 in FX
Some of you already may know that I run a stereo set up but occasionally sum to mon with one amp. Of course by doing this I can't move the modulations pre and post etc. Am I missing something? This time of year I usually re think my board and change stuff around etc. I've now have two H9s which will replace my Strymons (Timeline and Mobius) soon, so I'm thinking would a better way would be to put my planned Modulations H9 in the looper (ES5) so I can move it around with each preset but just keep the delays H9 as the stereo split etc?

I hope that makes sense? What do you guys do with a stereo set up?
Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    When having a stereo rig, do you like to use modulation in a wet/dry way?   If so, when you use a single amp, you might like putting your modulation fx in a blender pedal to simulate your stereo set up.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_S said:
    When having a stereo rig, do you like to use modulation in a wet/dry way?   If so, when you use a single amp, you might like putting your modulation fx in a blender pedal to simulate your stereo set up.
    When in Stereo Ive just got the Mobius and Timeline both in Stereo but not in a Wet/Dry scenario i.e. just going straight to two amps and let the strymons do their work etc. However, I plan to be setting up the H9s now in their place so I can route them differently this time. I just felt that modulations can be more noticeable before and after drives etc more so than delays ? Am I wrong?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom