(Deliberately) Butchered song lyrics

What's Hot
NeillNeill Frets: 943
Doubtless some of you will remember those Maxell tape ads from the 1980's where the lyrics were misheard because "you really need to hear it on a Maxell".  So they had Desmond Dekker singing "Me ears are alight" and The Skids "Into the Valley" contained such gems as "Juicy man embalmed her". 

I've no doubt bands that covered those songs at the time couldn't resist using the new lyrics, just as we've all sung "Scuse me while I kiss this guy" and "there's a bathroom on the right" (there's a bad moon on the rise).  

Because ELO fans made up their own version, when he performs "Showdown" these days Geoff Lynne actually sings "It's a real submarine" instead of "It's unreal, the suffering".

Does anyone have any favourites and have they ever used them in a live performance?  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I'm courting a tramp. 

Elvis "I'm caught in trap"

• Fucking Hoff Style!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• My favourite is Eddie Vedder teasing Stone Gossard for thinking Kiss were singing "I wanna rock and roll all night, and part of every day". 
  • When my band covers a certain Clash song, we tend to change the Spanish bits for Fast Show Channel 9 quotes, like Bono Estente and Pethethethetheth...
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Shalamar - Furry Ears (There it is)
    Diana Ross - Bicycle Pump (My Simple Heart)

Queen at the end of "One Vision" do actually sing Fried Chicken
  • NeillNeill Frets: 943
    Fucking Hoff Style!

@Legionreturns only just got round to looking at that but it's pretty heroic.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    "Must've been some kind of cheese"

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    Kebabkid said:
    Shalamar - Furry Ears (There it is)
    Diana Ross - Bicycle Pump (My Simple Heart)

Queen at the end of "One Vision" do actually sing Fried Chicken
    I thought the Shalamar one was "Dairlyea".
  • Are we allowed to count parodies? Because I saw a brilliant one. It is a "metal band" of sock puppets and they do parodies of classic rock/metal songs. They did Drowning Pool "Bodies", but they changed it to "Laundry" and the chorus goes "Let the laundry hit the floor / Let the laundry hit the floor..." You can guess where it's going. Gave me a good laugh anyway.

There's a whole YouTube channel: 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/