Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What’s the most embarrassing thing that happened to you recently?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 3006
    Ha ^ sounds like my brother.

He stormed the lounge - with baseball bat in hand - after the TV timer switched on for the cricket in the middle of the night. This was after a long drawn out "you go", "no you go" "are you scared" " I'm not scared" type conversation with his missus.

God only knows what he planned to do with the baseball bat. Everyone knows you are at a serious disadvantage, playing cricket with a baseball bat..!

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4927
    About this time last year my missus decided we needed some new Christmas lights so we went to a shop called the range.
    When ever I go to that particular shop I go down the kitchen utensils isle and wind 2 or 3 egg timers up full and walk off.
    This day I went for it, There must have been 20 of them after I'd wound them all up and put them back I turned round to see a member of the range staff just staring at me disapprovingly. I felt like a right bellend, I walked off and found my missus who then decided she would look all round the shop as slow as possible, The member of staff that caught me followed us round the shop the whole time. 
    @jamiexsilver - I have to say, this is a contender for post of the year.  Thank you!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Earlier this year I had a bad case of IBS, caused by a major stress event in my life, while driving on the A10, and was miles from a garage with a toilet. I couldn't hold it so pulled into a lay-by, opened the passenger and rear doors and crouched in-between and had to let it out. Held onto to the pillar between the doors for dear life with my arse sticking out into the lay-by and the massala sauce flew out. Luckily had some wet wipes in the glove box but my boxers got soiled in the melee so I had to take shoes off, trousers off and threw the boxers into the hedge and they hung in a tree. Trousers and shoes back on trying not to step in the puddle of plop. All the while my daughter was sitting in the passenger seat holding her nose trying not to gag. God knows what she thought.

The boxers are probably still there hanging in that tree. I haven't been back on the A10 since, not sure of the police cordoned the area off and called in a Haz Mat team or not.

A similar thing happened a few of years ago in the car park of Kemble rail station in the Cotswolds. Still gets mentioned by the wife and kids every now and then.

7reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I got caught listening to a Toto song...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    relic245 said:
    Waking up at 3am hearing a noise downstairs and convincing myself someone was breaking in.

Eventually dialling 999 at the same time as venturing cautiously downstairs. 

Just after I told the operator that someone was breaking in I found my wife had set the breadmaker on a timer and it was making a racket in the kitchen. 
    One night in bed my wife shouted "There's somebody on the stairs!"  in the middle of the night, I was out of bed on the landing with my mobile phone in hand (to smash them over the head with, I need to get a baseball bat!) and there was nothing, she had been talking in her sleep.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I got caught listening to a Toto song...

If it was Africa, you have no reason to be embarrassed,

If you were listening to Supertramp, we would have to have a serious discussion, though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited December 2017
    Most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me was years ago, in a Southport arcade. While waiting to play my favourite video game, the person playing got the high score, put his initials in and walked off without pressing END. I leapt in, deleted his initial and put mine in, as he came back to show his Dad how well he did. They both shook their heads and walked away.

Second most embarrassing thing was when I met Sandi Thom after a set at a guitar show, who said her album was produced by Rich Robinson and asked if I knew The Black Crowes. I said I'd seen them at The Garage 15 years earlier. At an acoustic gig which was the worst gig I'd ever seen, because they looked like stoners who'd just fallen out of bed. Every song started OK but went into a long jam until they staggered off stage for a few minutes and came back giggling. 

I didn't understand her defensive reaction at the time, but reading Wikipedia a few days later, it said Rich Robinson was her boyfriend.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh god, just yesterday the post woman was delivering a parcel for my sister.  Now, we haven't had a woman round delivering parcels in months and months as it's always guys so trust me to answer the door when it was a female doing it.  She hands me the box, and I was quite surprised at the size of it and I remarked "oh, that's a big box!"  She looked at me, kind of disgusted, and walked off.  I was scundered!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom