Rig is good.

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
GOOD.

Only really need a decent Midi compact footswitch and maybe one of the NUX relay switching units, but i'm happy the way i'm ending 2017. In the back of the rack theres also a Boss NS2, zero hum from even the shittiest electrics!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    still loving that green hardtail, I'll be front of the line when you decide to sell that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    darcym said:
    still loving that green hardtail, I'll be front of the line when you decide to sell that
    It’s a lifer, I’ve sold every other guitar I own and it’s atill here. Genuinely better than any guitar I’ve ever tried! 
  • What pickups are in the guitar? I've an S2 Mira and, although the guitar is very nice to play, the pickups are awful.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1818
    edited December 2017
    @timmysoft you are an ex-stiletto user correct?

How do you find the H&K as a comparison? (just thinking as a lightweight alternative)
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    @welshboyo You can borrow mine of you like?
    welshboyo said:
    @timmysoft you are an ex-stiletto user correct?

How do you find the H&K as a comparison? (just thinking as a lightweight alternative)
    I don’t think it has the tonal quality of the Stiletto but it’s a good compromise! It’s very modern sounding but easy to dial in. Stock valves and speaker are worthless, but with those upgraded it’s a decent lightweight amp.

What pickups are in the guitar? I've an S2 Mira and, although the guitar is very nice to play, the pickups are awful.
    I’ve got some original 90s PRS Dragons in there, they’re bloody great! Seymour ‘59 was good sounding too. 
  • Nice and neat :)  What's the current switcher with the red tape?  And what's er "twat tap"? :)

Re. NUX, little word of warning, I bought a NUX mini mixer thing which was so noisy it was back in the post the day after it arrived...
    clarkefan said:
    Nice and neat :)  What's the current switcher with the red tape?  And what's er "twat tap"? :)

Re. NUX, little word of warning, I bought a NUX mini mixer thing which was so noisy it was back in the post the day after it arrived...
    Its just a digitech FS3X, turns on either engine from the TC G-Sharp and handle the "twat"tempo too!

The nut i'm looking at just does the relay switching and converts it to midi, i don't need that, but i definitely want it!

I'm all about neatness, the whole rack thing started when i wanted a way to carry my leads and spares, it got out of hand pretty quickly!
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    That looks far too complicated for me, those rack things seem very nerdy!
    rico said:
    That looks far too complicated for me, those rack things seem very nerdy!
    It not complex at all, its just a delay and 2 band master EQ in an FX loop, its no more complicated than pedals.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    @timmysoft serious but maybe stupid question, why not pedals then? 
    rico said:
    @timmysoft serious but maybe stupid question, why not pedals then? 
    i find it difficult to match pedals to each other, racks tend to give more flexibility in terms of integration. I don't use a lot of stuff, the TC G-Sharp is basically a Delay/Mod and a Reverb unit, so its just like having a couple of pedals (although the effects are better quality than most pedals). The BBE 322 is a simple sonic maximiser that i run after everything else in the loop, its a great tool for fine tuning the lows and highs, especially useful as i use my rig for recording and rehearsals in various different locations.

I do have one pedal, the Boss NS2! Pretty essential if you're playing modern heavy music.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7132
    Terminology question that may seem obvious but does "rig" include the guitar or just all the other odds n sods ???
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    tony99 said:
    Terminology question that may seem obvious but does "rig" include the guitar or just all the other odds n sods ???
    I see it as everything! 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7132
    timmysoft said:
    tony99 said:
    I see it as everything! 
    I suppose so, rig ain't much use without the axe!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!