Small volume pedals??

What's Hot
OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
I'm looking for a volume pedal with a small footprint. Any suggestions?

I know, it's a tough one, trying to find a volume pedal that works well and allows good control, in a physically small case. Hit me!
Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Hotone soul press
    switchavle exp vol and wah with minimum volume setting
    the wah is decent too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Tapestry Audio Bloomery
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2908
    DOD do one I think along with a matching expression pedal.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3884
    Dunlop Volume X Mini
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Bloomery looks great. Not used it but have used other Tapestry Audio pedals and can vouch they've been rock solid. 
    Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30931
    The Bloomery looks great. Not used it but have used other Tapestry Audio pedals and can vouch they've been rock solid. 
    The Bloomery is good, but for the fact the track mechanism is very stressed and fails.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• vizviz Frets: 10707
    Do you really need the sweep? Or is it just for boosting solos? If the latter, go for a boost like the keeley mini katana boost
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    The Hotone is excellent, as is the bass equivalent.
  • I have the optical AMT which is quite good. All the small ones do have a fairly quick sweep obviously. I might sell it to get a larger sweep for lap slide so you are welcome to test it with no commitments to see if it works for you. 
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    DOD
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

Ro_S said:
    DOD
    Is that your final answer?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Sassafras said:
    Ro_S said:
    DOD
    Is that your final answer?
    It looks that way!
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6090
    I have the optical AMT which is quite good. All the small ones do have a fairly quick sweep obviously. I might sell it to get a larger sweep for lap slide so you are welcome to test it with no commitments to see if it works for you. 
    I believe t can be modded to improve the sweep. It's optical, so you can alter the shape of the aperture. There's a YouTube about it, might be this one -

• viz said:
    Do you really need the sweep? Or is it just for boosting solos? If the latter, go for a boost like the keeley mini katana boost
    No. I just want to use it with a Polytune 3 so I can have the Polytune "always-on". :)
    That's going to be its sole purpose. In the future I might use it for some other functions too but initially I only want it for one thing... I just don't want to spend mega bucks on a large pedal board just to accommodate an exp pedal that I will literally only use for one function, to kill output to the amp for tuning.

I'm looking for convenience, more than anything, without compromising on tone.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Caline Hot Spice Wah/Vol
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

would a signal spliter with a mute not have the same desired function, but a much smaller function?

basically an A/B/Y switch ... but the switch goes between output to both or only output to tuner?

No. I just want to use it with a Polytune 3 so I can have the Polytune "always-on".
    That's going to be its sole purpose. In the future I might use it for some other functions too but initially I only want it for one thing... I just don't want to spend mega bucks on a large pedal board just to accommodate an exp pedal that I will literally only use for one function, to kill output to the amp for tuning.

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    edited December 2017
      [clicked quote instead of edit to fix poor spelling]
    I'm a bit confused, why do you need the Polytune to be always on?
  • sgosden said:

would a signal spliter with a mute not have the same desired function, but a much smaller function?

basically an A/B/Y switch ... but the switch goes between output to both or only output to tuner?

No. I just want to use it with a Polytune 3 so I can have the Polytune "always-on".

Uh, actually I never ever thought of that... You, sir, are a genius! I think I will just do that! It would probably be cheaper as well ;) 

Wow. I can't believe I never thought of doing that. 

Alright. As you were...