Electric guitar for 6-7 year old girl

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FX_Munkee said:
    At 6/7 my boys started on 3/4 size a Nylon strung classical. They can play a 4/4 size electric at about 9 relatively comfortably. I found it easier to teach them the basics on classical, hand position, finger use etc. because when you get to electric there's a whole bunch of new stuff, damping etc.
    The other thing is you can do them a favour by getting them to do such things as reading music and learning basic theory. Do basic classical lessons on the 3/4 size spanish, with the carrot that if they get as far as a pass at Grade 2 they can have a Squier Strat and start Rockschool Grades. By that time they'll have a good enough grounding in stuff that they could get away with overlooking if they started with Rockschool.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    tampaxboo said:
    just a reminder for those suggesting full size guitars for six year olds...

height average six year old female: 45 inches.
    overall length jazzmaster: 41 inches.

carry on.
    A friend of mine's daughter (9) tried one of my basses recently - it was taller than her. She loved it tho. Kids have a way of adapting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought a Jackson minion flying V for my 7yr old. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As above, I bought a 2/3 scale guitar for my 7 y/o daughter for xmas, its a Jackson JS1X minion and i'm really impressed with it.  Easy to play, perfect intonation, stays in tune, feels and sounds great.  Recorded a demo of it today, only fresh out of the box and tuned.  I'm delighted with this guitar and think it's perfect for my daughter to learn on.

https://youtu.be/GRWG0KmW-Og 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4925
    I had a 3/4 one for my firstborn and it was unplayable and you had to tune it to the wrong key (I think bottom "G" instead of "E").

A full-scale but small bodied one is the way to go, IMHO.