Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What do you want in 2018 ?

What's Hot

Comments

• The entire range of Analogman pedals!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    World peace and the end of famine.
    And the same as Sassafras!! 
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    My wish list is that @Gassage wants to adopt a 42 year old chubby welsh bloke
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6090
    Trump in handcuffs.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited December 2017
    @guitarfishbay you’re right mate, you don’t need it. I had v1 and although it was superb, the Axe FX nails that tone and so much more and more convincingly too.

Nothing for me in 2018.
    Well it’s for a backup rig. I’ve gone for a used AMT P2 instead, should work for my purposes. Still have my old Boss/Dunlop pedalboard so it made more sense to get a preamp pedal.

The Diezel looks amazing but it’s too expensive for something I potentially wouldn’t use much.
  • @guitarfishbay you’re right mate, you don’t need it. I had v1 and although it was superb, the Axe FX nails that tone and so much more and more convincingly too.

Nothing for me in 2018.
    Well it’s for a backup rig. I’ve gone for a used AMT P2 instead, should work for my purposes. Still have my old Boss/Dunlop pedalboard so it made more sense to get a preamp pedal.

The Diezel looks amazing but it’s too expensive for something I potentially wouldn’t use much.
    Ahh, makes sense mate. Good planning to be fair, I'd be fooked if the Fractal went tits up!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2248
    Gassage said:
    I am trying to sell my London house. If it sells, then my list is pretty ridiculous but I am serious - not saying I"ll get all, but it's my dream list and the house will make a handsome profit and I guesstimate I can manage at least some of this, despite being currently broke:

9. 2 x 12 Lazy J 20.

What gig could possibly warranty 24 Lazy J 20's? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I really want one of the new EHX Fuzz pedals - either the Russian or the Op-Amp, I need to try them both at some stage.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Besides getting my grubby mitts on a Lazy J20, all I really want guitar-wise is to be cured of this insane GAS affliction and to be able to sit back, reasonably content and just play all this great kit.

Meanwhile, on Planet Earth... :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Got a tele partscaster project to finish - shouldn't have started it, but plan to get that done in early 2018. And then, really nothing gear wise (OK, maybe a TC 3rd Dimension chorus shortly) - past experience is this is not how things will pan out, but that's the intention right now. I will be investing a bit in online video lessons from Barry Greene and perhaps some other educational stuff, and intend to practice more and work on my playing skills.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 988
    1) sort out a better practice space
    2) finally decide on what drum software to buy
    3) spend some proper time with Reaper & drum software & get some Steely Dan rip-offs recorded
    4) possibly get a midi keyboard 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2908
    Squier CV tele is the main thing on my list. I'll probably still be on my quest for the perfect boost pedal as well. If I don't get my Soul Food sold I might try doing the JHS mod to it.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    edited December 2017
    utterly nothing, I've got a great setup, a load of guitars I love that cover the stuff I enjoy playing personally, and the odd events I play other peoples stuff, I've got all the pedals I could want, spares and odd balls to cover stuff I don't use on a day to day basis, the only thing I want is the Les Paul Jnr that is almost 2 years late and fully paid for, there is a space on my rack for it, but honestly, the last X years have been great to me gear wise and without really monitoring it I've amassed too big a collection than any normal human should have, so if anything I'd probably like to (but won't) thin down a bit. 

I guess my real want for 2018 would to be play the stuff I've written more in public, book some more studio time to finish the stuff I've been working on, and maybe start to demo the second albums work, which is a bit frustrating before the first albums even finished recording.

I'd also like to play and write with new and different people, strangers even.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • So refreshing to hear people say that they’re going to write more, record more and collaborate more. I’m determined to do the same in 2018.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • I’m going to sell my New York penthouse and buy Gibson
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    the neighbours to go out more so that I can play all the lovely gear I already got at meaningful levels!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    That aside, hope to try building a pedal of some sort in 2018. Bought a soldering iron but thats as far as I got in 2017...
  • stevebsteveb Frets: 42
    edited December 2017
    To practice properly more often and to record more. Gearwise, a Helix lt, and possibly a variax too!!!
  • lovebuzzlovebuzz Frets: 104
    am not after any gear in 2018
    Under the bridge downtown
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    lovebuzz said:
    am not after any gear in 2018

I'm not sure I quite understand.
     :)