HB Tele instructions wanted

hi
just picked up a HB tele kit complete except for the instructions. I'm not sure i'm going to need them, but if anyone has them and is willing to either send them or scan and email them to me i would really appreciate it.
I have an issue with the pot wiring that i need to confirm as there are 2 wires not connected. 1 short red one and 1 long black one.

thanks in advance
G
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14455
    Hello and welcome.

I regret to say that, not being psychic, it will be necessary to be shown photographs of your incomplete wiring before it will be possible to offer any constructive suggestions about how to solve the problem.

You will need to upload your pics to a photo hosting service then, copy and paste hyperlinks into this thread. Imgur works here. Photobucket does not since they changed their rules.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ok cheers. even though i'm a semi pro photographer i don't use a hosting service so had better join one quickly.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7037
    tFB Trader
    The long black wire is the bridge earth and needs poking up the hole in the pickup cavity to contact the bridge plate. This earths the strings and reduces hum when playing.

The red one has probably come detached from a component and would need soldering back.