Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Brand snobbery . . .

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Actually, it’s worth remembering that any pedal (with the possible exception of really heavy fuzz/metal devices) is only as good as the guitar feeding it and the amplifier following it.

It really is a waste of time spending a fortune on pedals if you haven’t got the basic tools in place. A good guitar and ampl are the most important parts of the signal chain, if you don’t get those right then you’re forever going to be chasing an unattainable goal.  So do yourselves a favour and get the amp and guitar right first.

That's one of those opinions that is massively open to interpretation as good is pretty ambiguous. My goto live rig was an Indonesian Tele into a laney cub 12. Thwy were the right tools for me at the time and I had a monster pedal board. Cheap and, cheap guitar.. killer sounds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11889
    Sassafras said:
    With Boss you know you're getting a great sounding, good build quality and very reliable pedal.
    With boutique, it's more of a crap-shoot and price is no indication.

That’s the fun part! Lol
  • Just to add a bit of Christmas fun how can you be any sort of snob when you use pedals :-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited December 2017
    You are certainly missing out by discounting Bearfoot pedals based on the text. Some of best sounding pedals around...
    I agree 100%.

Good thread @Paul_C and interesting as Ive got some bias too...

The Pink Purple Fuzz would be on my floor now if they weren't always out of production runs or  if cost less than £99 !
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I've been stomping on a Boss TU-2 before and after every song for about 20 years now. Never done anything to it other than occasionally clean off the crud of beer/dust/sweat/blood. I'll probably have quit playing or even living before it gives up.
  • I gotta be honest, I quite deeply dislike most Boss pedals. I don’t like their ODs and dirts, have never got on with their delays, and honestly hate the imprecise, spingy switches. I fully appreciate them from an engineering point of view, but I just don’t want to use them myself.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited December 2017
    imprecise springy switches? I get the springy bit but imprecise? On...off....and what else, is there some secret hidden feature you've found? o
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited December 2017
    very interesting question - one point I think is worth pondering is how many us go and buy our heros pedals, only to find we cant get that sound despite " the" pedal ?