Anyone mount pedals underneath a Pedaltrain?

What's Hot
rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2460
Just planning my 2018 board and already ran out of room for what I want. So, does anyone mount any pedals underneath? I'm thinking an SP Comp, Ep Booster and maybe a Nano POG or even a Sub N Up Mini. 

Any pics would be appreciated as well. Ta muchly. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28512
    I think they might be hard to work there.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    I've only had power supplies under a board but I've seen other people have pedals under there.

One person used Velcro and a Pedaltrain universal mounting kit to mount always on compressor and EQ pedals. It looked very tidy indeed.

Another used Velcro and tiewraps to mount a compressor, reverb, and I think 2 x drive pedals which all ran through a switcher. That was the messiest board build I've ever seen. Looked like it had been dragged through a guitar pedal display backwards. Some people have no shame!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I think they might be hard to work there.
    These will be ones that are never touched and in a switchable loop so don't need on the main board. 

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited December 2017
    I have a buffer under mine.
    It really depends on the model of board. The bars on a Novo are too narrow for a lot of pedals (when you factor in cables and what not.
    You would also want strong velcro
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I have a buffer under mine.
    It really depends on the model of board. The bars on a Novo are too narrow for a lot of pedals (when you factor in cables and what not.
    You would also want strong velcro
    It's looking like a pedaltrain 2 at the moment. Trying to space save. 

• In the past I've mounted a Maxon CP101 compressor underneath a Pedaltrain Jr. I applied soft side velcro to the underside of the rails and rough velcro to the pedal, this was to stop it sliding about. The pedal was actually secured using cable ties which worked well. I've also done this with the reciever from a Line6 G30 Wireless system. This also worked but was a very snug fit. I had to use pancake jack plugs, and also have the receiver input socket positioned where the cable hole on the rear of the Pedaltrain is. Again like the compressor pedal, velcro was applied and cable ties secured it so it wouldn't budge.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I didn't realise we had to build a new board for each year.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
  • Sassafras said:
    You can’t hang out with us anymore 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have the Chase Bliss Midibox underneath mine. It’s the size of a standard boutique pedal enclosure. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    My in/out box is under mine. There will be a Remote Loopy Two under there soon. I think the height of the switch may be an issue, tbh, Ross...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmann said:
    My in/out box is under mine. There will be a Remote Loopy Two under there soon. I think the height of the switch may be an issue, tbh, Ross...
    Fanboi-ism is a pricey affair :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    edited December 2017
    Sassafras said:
    Absolutely!

For the new season, pedals will generally be worn lower - giving boards a cleaner, more streamlined look....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/keir_smith/C292B0C0-1C2B-422E-BD33-7A4A24850EBE.jpg

Here’s mine from a while back, original Pedaltrain 2.

The buffer was a very snug fit against the bars and didn’t make it all the way down to be flush due to position of the power supply socket. this meant Velcro on the bottom was not required. It was a snug enough fit that it didn’t move at all, and was actually pretty difficult to remove.

the Line 6 receiver on the other hand had to be attached using pedalboard tape as opposed to Velcro as even the strongest stuff wouldn’t keep it in place as it had to sit at a very slight angle to allow the jack connection. I did try a pancake jack instead of the George L, and it was a perfect, snug fit.

You’ll really need to consider where the connectors are on the pedals you want to mount underneath
  • I sometimes Velcro my sum to mon box underneath if I have little space on top. At the moment though I've brought it back on top thoughb :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I used to do that with one of those temple audio boards, you can fit a lot under the board!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7507
    I had an always-on EP Booster underneath a board at one point
    Red ones are better. 
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    Right now I have my Wireless receiver (Line6 G30) but I have it in a way that I can see the battery indicator and access all the switches from the top.
    I may add a Tone City Bad Horse that will go in one of the Boss MS-3 loops.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jota said:
    Right now I have my Wireless receiver (Line6 G30) but I have it in a way that I can see the battery indicator and access all the switches from the top.

I like your work. How exactly did you go about modding the rubber feet? I really need to find a relatively straight forward way to do the same to my Nano to accommodate an incoming power supply.
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    Jota said:

I like your work. How exactly did you go about modding the rubber feet? I really need to find a relatively straight forward way to do the same to my Nano to accommodate an incoming power supply.
    Thanks. I used the holes from the original pins to screw the new feet in.
    I tried to pull them out but only managed to take one off. The others I had to push and they remain loose inside the board frame!