Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Old Technology

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• prowla said:
    I've got an LP12/Ittok/K18, which I bought new in the 80s; it's somewhere in my loft.
    I've got a Naim Nait 2 and Linn Kans sitting around, which really need to either be used or let go.
    Have you seen what NAIT 2s sell for on eBay, these days?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    prowla said:
    I've got an LP12/Ittok/K18, which I bought new in the 80s; it's somewhere in my loft.
    I've got a Naim Nait 2 and Linn Kans sitting around, which really need to either be used or let go.
    £4200?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomer said:
    £4200?
    There, or there abouts....
  • D.A.B Radio does my Napper in.

When the D.A.B Signal fails, quite often while I'm out delivering in the Chesterfield and Peak District area, I switch back to F.M and lo and behold, we have a Broadcast again with a solid uninterrupted signal, I'd virtually have to drive into the woods to lose it. Might depend on the quality of the equipment but I can only go on the D.A.B Radio in my Work Van (2016 Peugeot Partner).

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Dab here in South Wales is pretty pointless, just the bbc channels plus something from absolute radio if you’re lucky.
  • prowla said:
    I've also got a Sony Pro Walkman cassette (with Dolby); it lives on my hi-fi rack, but hasn't been used in yonks.
    mate, that sounds like good gear you could get ££££ for.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12406
    anyone here remember or have 8 track cartridges? the size of slightly smaller vhs cassetes. a friend of mine bought hundreds of them in the 70s,  i think woolworths were selling them off super cheap. he had a player in his car and a hifi player at home.
    Yup, I remember those. Terrible things, even worse than cassetttes for usability. I had a car player that I found at work but I could never find any decent cartridges to play in it, so I binned it a couple of years back.