SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: ES330, pre chrome...

What's Hot
Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
edited March 2018 in Guitars £
Anybody?? Don’t mind issues, we’ll loved etc. It’s to be played, not looked at. 

Ideally 66 or earlier. If I sell a couple of guitars it’ll be cash unless you fancy some custom shop Gibson’s! Got a Special single cut, R6 & R9 is for grabs/px 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    There’s a Wildwood spec ‘59 on Gumtree if that’s any use?
  • Thanks!

Yeah....fancy an old one before the prices get too daft!
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I tried two old ones before I bought my VOS 59 RI - probably just bad luck and this was a few years ago but the old ones were nowhere near as good as my new one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7081
    tFB Trader
    Chalky said:
    I tried two old ones before I bought my VOS 59 RI - probably just bad luck and this was a few years ago but the old ones were nowhere near as good as my new one.
    This. I've A-B'd old and new and the reissues at least equal in all but bragging rights. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I used to think that way until recently - as much as I hate to admit it my old Epiphone just has something. It's not a collectors piece by a long shot but there's something I've never found in a newer guitar, and I've had plenty. Could be the wood, could be it's chequered past.

Having said that I've played many duff vintage guitars, and some pretty duff new ones. 

I've got my eye on one, it's very nice but it will take some prising out of it's owners hands....
  • The old ones have mojo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom