Big muff pi’s power supply question.

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
edited December 2017 in FX
I’ve become confused tonight. 

I have a green russian big muff pi inbound any day now.  (pmt lost it somewhere between southend and london)

Does anyone have one or know what its power adaptor requirements are? 

Looking at the image on the front of the big muff near its power socket, it has a O with a - inside it, and around that there is another circle with a +. So I presume its centre negative right?
Just couldnt find anything about its barrel connector size. 

Link to the pedal: https://www.andertons.co.uk/electro-harmonix-green-russian-big-muff-pedal-ehxgreenrussian

I’m hoping it will run off a Strymon Zuma power supply, which is centre negative,  5.5mm x 2.1mm. 

Literally every google search just throws up Ehx.com forum threads in which people state it needs a ‘positive tip’ power supply. Which seems wrong. 
Unless the US and Australian big muffs are centre positive... 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    Older EH pedals with a mini-jack power socket do need a positive-tip plug.

Modern ones with the barrel-type socket need a standard centre-negative plug.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    ICBM said:
    Older EH pedals with a mini-jack power socket do need a positive-tip plug.

Modern ones with the barrel-type socket need a standard centre-negative plug.
    Thats awesome, thanks bud.  :) 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom