Don't Drink & Drive

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @waspfan you are Ro_S and ICM £5
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11337
    For a second offence, or a first offence where you have more than twice the permitted level you should kiss your licence goodbye forever. In neither case is this a mistake, and you should he treated with the severity that your wilfull contempt for your fellow road (and pavement) users merits.
  • @waspfan you are Ro_S and ICM £5
    New one on me whatever that means
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Where are you looking though?  Or is this just one of these swivel-eyed, poorly thought through, oversimplifications advocating "locking them all up and throwing away the key / national service / birching / stopping their benefits / sending the buggers back / bringing back hanging" ?
    or wait for a loved one to be killed by a dickhead with those same views who has to drink to hide his inadequacy and text while driving
  • waspfan said:
    @waspfan you are Ro_S and ICM £5
    If you really don't know what it means, then please ignore it and forget it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2792
    MrBump said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Last night it was a standard pre Christmas drink.. One thing led to another and I had a few too many drinks and then went onto the shots!! Not a good idea. Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my car in town and took a taxi home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint where they were pulling over drivers and breathalysing them.  Because I was in a taxi they just waved it past.   I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a taxi before and I am not even sure where the fuck I got it from.
    Worthy of a "lol".
    Works better with “bus “ :)
  • waspfan said:
    Oh...After a bit of digging it would appear this is a former member, am I right?
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    waspfan said:
    waspfan said:
    Oh...After a bit of digging it would appear this is a former member, am I right?

Heh don't worry about it, he's just making a small joke that you sound like a now-banned member who was a little extreme in his views.

Let's all sit around the camp fire and sing a Christmas song.  Anyone got a first line to suggest?

• Sorry mate being accused of being a banned member just because I don't agree with him is pretty poor in my view
    I need a mod to contact me please
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    waspfan said:
    Sorry mate being accused of being a banned member just because I don't agree with him is pretty poor in my view

The "I claim my £5" is an old internet joke that's all.  Let's all relax.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I want out please
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • waspfan said:
    Sorry mate being accused of being a banned member just because I don't agree with him is pretty poor in my view
    There is a Flag on each post, if you hit that you can bring something to the notice of the mods ( you may have to be on the full site, I don’t think it exists on the mobile version). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Thanks Eric
  • @waspfan  Ref: "you are Ro_S and ICM £5" ... as @Ravenous said it's an old joke, and may I repeat: "If you really don't know what it means, then please ignore it and forget it."

IIRC I also said we should agree to differ. Or at least I can accept that you have a different viewpoint without getting hostile about it.

You do appear to be a bit sensitive. Relax, mate!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • In Scotland the limit is so low there's pretty much no wiggle room. I avoid driving the following day after having a drink now. It's just not worth the risk.

However, I'd be interested to know the statistics for accidents where the driver has no alcohol, a tiny amount,  or say 2 pints worth. Comparing that to other issues like being too tired, or using a mobile night be quite the eye opener.

On the other hand, it might not be. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10454
    The biggest cause of accidents is always people not paying attention, driving too close to one another especially in poor weather, speeding cos they are late for work, reprogramming Sat Navs, fumbling for CD's, trying to drink hot coffee while driving etc ..... these people might be sober but they are still life threatening imbeciles once they get in a car 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24428
    xwaspfan said: 
    Emp_Fab said:
    Where are you looking though?  Or is this just one of these swivel-eyed, poorly thought through, oversimplifications advocating "locking them all up and throwing away the key / national service / birching / stopping their benefits / sending the buggers back / bringing back hanging" ?
    or wait for a loved one to be killed by a dickhead with those same views who has to drink to hide his inadequacy and text while driving
    Have you lost a loved one to a drunk driver?
    ... And what views are you referring to?  It doesn't make sense if you're saying the drunk driver was of the view that drunk drivers should be locked up forever etc..
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    xwaspfan said:
    I want out please
    Not that difficult.  All you need to do is not type "http://www.thefretboard.co.uk" into your browser.  Job done.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    sev112 said:
    MrBump said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Last night it was a standard pre Christmas drink.. One thing led to another and I had a few too many drinks and then went onto the shots!! Not a good idea. Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my car in town and took a taxi home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint where they were pulling over drivers and breathalysing them.  Because I was in a taxi they just waved it past.   I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a taxi before and I am not even sure where the fuck I got it from.
    Worthy of a "lol".
    Works better with “bus “ :)
    Good idea.  Duly edited !  Thanks.