Pay off finance early

What's Hot
stevebsteveb Frets: 42
edited December 2017 in Off Topic
Do any of you guys know if you can pay off pmt finance early?? There may be an early settlement fee but thats not a problem 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FatPeteFatPete Frets: 683
    Unless they've changed the rules since I was in retail, I think they are required to accept an early settlement.
    Trading feedback: Trading feedback
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Dont see why not, as you’re not paying any interest on the 9 month loans.. but who knows eh
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Sometimes you are not allowed to pay it off in full, so have to leave a nominal amount which of course gets paid off in the next Direct debit 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    I've never heard of "not being allowed to pay off in full". 

Contact the finance company who did the deal, and ask them for an early settlement figure.

They will want the outstanding capital amount, plus probably one month's interest as a settlement fee, to cover their admin costs.

• Read the agreement you accepted

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • From memory, the law changed a few years ago to allow any finance to be paid off in full and the settlement fee be limited to a couple of months interest.  Prior to this, you could settle early but the company was able to charge nearly all the interest it was due. I think this happens a lot now with people changing phones and cars regularly. A car sales bloke I spoke to said about 95% of their new sales were PCP and of those very few ran to term.  
  • stevebsteveb Frets: 42
    Ive not taken it out yet, i fancy a helix lt but i need to sell some stuff to pay for it. I was wondering if i could get it on 0% finance and then pay it off when the stuff sells. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12412
    steveb said:
    Ive not taken it out yet, i fancy a helix lt but i need to sell some stuff to pay for it. I was wondering if i could get it on 0% finance and then pay it off when the stuff sells. 
    If it’s on 0% finance, just sell your stuff then hang on to the money till the finance term is up and you have to pay it back. Might as well be in your bank account till then. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Done it several times with several different stores and never had a problem. The finance is usually handled by a third party not the store, so they are more than happy to have you paying it off early.