Where you go or what you do to get guitar inspiration ?

What's Hot
https://youtu.be/fkleKuAshLA

If I need to be reminded of just how potent the guitar is in the hands of a master, the above video clip just does it every single time. Rory makes that old strat bleed on this one and what a loss he truly is to us all.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I love walk on hot coals from the very same dvd!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I love walk on hot coals from the very same dvd!
    Rorys outro solo on tatood lady is something to behold eh ?
  • I get inspired from seeing a good gig or watching a good player locally.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited December 2017
    I seem to get most inspiration from the backing music used in TV or film. I often pick up on an atmosphere, style or sounds and try to turn it into something of my own. But I'm more into composing and recording than guitar alone these days. I like to use the guitar as part of the whole picture.

It's not a competition.
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    There's a story you may have heard, - a journalist once asked Jimi Hendrix how it felt to be the world's greatest guitarist.  "I don't know", Jimi replied, - "ask Rory Gallagher". 
  • Neill said:
    There's a story you may have heard, - a journalist once asked Jimi Hendrix how it felt to be the world's greatest guitarist.  "I don't know", Jimi replied, - "ask Rory Gallagher". 
    Rory so humble,so modest and so unassuming and by jaysus he could kick your arse to hell and back, Rory embodies everything that Yngwie will never be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom