Got a Ditto X4 from Santa. How do I wire it up if....

GodlykepowerGodlykepower Frets: 174
...I want to run it alongside a Boss GT100 wired with the 4 cable method?

I want it set up so that I can record a loop, then do an overdub with a different effect; not so that if I record a loop, then change the effect, it also changes what I just recorded.

So, I’m thinking it’s got to go into the effects loop? But, explain like I’m five, how do I move the cables around?
I don’t have a gambling problem, I’m winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That’s like saying that Iron Maiden have an awesomeness problem.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You need it to be last in the effects chain to do that. So it should be the last thing in line in the effects loop. 
  • GodlykepowerGodlykepower Frets: 174
    edited December 2017
    Yes, I get that. But which specific cables do I move around to achieve this?

This is how the cables are running: http://imgur.com/qLHh8oi
    I don’t have a gambling problem, I’m winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That’s like saying that Iron Maiden have an awesomeness problem.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Following the numbering of your uploaded image, pull out cable 4 from the effects return, stick that end of cable 4 into the input of your ditto looper, take a new cable and send it from the output of the ditto looper to the effects return (where cable 4 went originally). 
  • That’s precisely what I did. I sat down with my iPad in front of me with that picture open...quite easy when I thought about it a little.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810
    edited December 2017
    Are you running the gt100 already in 4cm into an amp?

Edit; should have read the rest of the thread