Locking Tuners for Epiphone Les Paul

thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
I'm seriously considering buying an Epi LP in the new year; does anyone know of/recommend a set of locking tuners that are as much of a drop-in replacement as possible?

Cheers and merry Christmas!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7006
    I put a set of Sperzel Trimloks in my Epi; they weren't totally a drop-in part, but any guitar tech should have absolutely no problem fitting them.  Very worthwhile.

If you're having tuning difficulties, I would also recommend having the nut looked at by a reputable tech and possibly recut.  Most tuning problems are the result of strings binding in the nut slots.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Grover are the standard ones and they do locking versions that would drop in. If they have the vintage Kluson style I think Gotoh do a locking version that would slot in. 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Cols said:
    I put a set of Sperzel Trimloks in my Epi; they weren't totally a drop-in part, but any guitar tech should have absolutely no problem fitting them.  Very worthwhile.

If you're having tuning difficulties, I would also recommend having the nut looked at by a reputable tech and possibly recut.  Most tuning problems are the result of strings binding in the nut slots.
    Cheers. I'll be adjusting the nut myself. The locking tuners are mainly for string change speed / ease, if I get the notorious les Paul tuning issues I'll try the string butler.

I might try installing them myself if they don't drop straight in because I distrust techs after my last experience.

On my PRS SE, the Schaller locking tuners just for straight in perfectly so would be great if the same could be true for new lp.