Chibson ES355

What's Hot
hi all,

I’m new to the forum and looking for some advice. I’m looking to get a left handed version of Noel Gallagher’s red ES 355 and wondered if anyone could recommend a Chinese manufacturer. I’ve heard good and bad stories about some of the guitars so wondered if anyone had good experiences or advice.

cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    edited December 2017

Welcome to the forum.

The legality of fakes always divides opionion, but there is clear guidance on certain things.

Before you do anything else, please read this.

Then try this thread for a start.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• @HarrySeven ; your first link no worky 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • @HarrySeven ; your first link no worky 

Fixed! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Hi guys,

Thanks for that update on your Trini, it looks very good from this distance. When are you expecting delivery?

I’ll certainly have a look at that company you sent the link to. 

Yep the first link isn’t working but I’d be interested to read it if you have a working link.

cheers
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @boobar - working now

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8824
    tFB Trader
    I love Noel’s ES. I’m holding out for a CS model though 

https://i.imgur.com/Fh81RUs.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4158
    edited December 2017
    boobar said:
    Hi guys,

Thanks for that update on your Trini, it looks very good from this distance. When are you expecting delivery?

I’ll certainly have a look at that company you sent the link to. 

Yep the first link isn’t working but I’d be interested to read it if you have a working link.

cheers

I was expecting delivery in Spring 2014... thankfully it arrived, and in one piece no less!

The guitar is fine still, sounds and looks great, plays fine, but took some work to get there. If you’re not handy with setups, general maintenance, or mods yourself then don’t bother with this route at all - your money will be better spent on an Epiphone or an equivalent. Similarly, if you don’t want something particularly outrageous, then buy from an established brand. A left-handed red ES shouldn’t be impossible to find from Epi / Vintage or similar.

@slopesoarer @boobar @cbellanga ;
    I won’t share the website I’m afraid, they’re not hard to find if you insist on looking, but good luck if you do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    looked into ordering one from ali express ,All the dealers had 0 or 1 feedback ,which i found odd? As i would have thought they would have had loads,E mailed one a couple of questions ,he said customs in uk too strict so he won't post to the uk,so who are the reliable ones?and why no feedback on all the sellers ?
  • mark123 said:
    looked into ordering one from ali express ,All the dealers had 0 or 1 feedback ,which i found odd? As i would have thought they would have had loads,E mailed one a couple of questions ,he said customs in uk too strict so he won't post to the uk,so who are the reliable ones?and why no feedback on all the sellers ?
    Surely customs are only a problem if you're sending in a counterfeit? If they make you a guitar without trying to pass it off as something it's not, all you'll pay is import duty.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    think its because its a chibson and maybe the rosewood regs that are now in place ?