Cab simulators/Cab inpulses for IEM

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
With the Grandmiester, it has an emulated DI out which if you have used direct into headphones or DAW, sounds pretty poor. Our drummer is using IEMs live and it's a really dry signal for him to listen to for 2 sets. So i wondered about getting a cab simulator/Impulse loading thingy so I could take thay from the line out on the head as well as building a back up rig incase the main head went down in the gig. I've got a Line 6 m5 which doesn't do anything other than effects. My thought were getting a multi fx which allows cab emulation on its on own ( hence my other thread) or something like the Mooer Radar. The other benefit would be not to have to fire my pc everu time I wanted to jam. This is all of course completely ignoring the Helix etc style stuff which would have a looper etc. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Highly recommend the very versatile Palmer Pocket Amp for Di and headphone jiggery pockery! 
    Not sure if it will exactly solve your issues as i dont think it works as a speaker loadbox, but i think it could serve well for you and has lots of practical uses live/rehearsing and practice.

Pros: Price and excellent build quality

Cons: Jack socket at the front is a bit annoying (thats all i have found)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    There's this thing which is basically the same price as the Mooer but I have no idea what it's like.

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Since posting this, I may have made a purchase which renders this thread mute now.... we shall see!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Jetfire said:
    Since posting this, I may have made a purchase which renders this thread mute now.... we shall see!
    You don't know if you've made a purchase?
    You're more confused than I thought.
     ;)