Buskers battery powered combos.

What's Hot
Hello folks. I'm looking toward spring, and thinking of busking. I like the look of a couple of Laney products, namely the A Fresco and AH4X4. Has anyone used these, please? 
Please don't suggest Roland.... I'm not keen on them.

Thank you.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The wee Vox ones with basic effects are great fun. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Battery powered?  Sound ok?
  • Yeah - no idea of battery life, because I've only ever used the adaptor, but they sound really good too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    The Laney site isn't giving away any clues as to their power rating. Not very helpful.
  • I think they are 30w.. Not 100% sure.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    A 12 volt battery and an inverter from Maplins will broaden the OPs range of options
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Thank you, Rocker. Getting old and just trying to minimize weight and number of items. Very true and practical thought, though. Thank you.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    The VOX Mini 5 has mic input, fx and the batteries last ages. It will fit inside one of these anglers' backpacks, just take a guitar and headworn mic for ninja style busking gigs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-in1-Outdoor-Fishing-Tackle-Backpack-Bag-Camping-Foldable-Stool-Seat-Chair-Kit/172944501900?epid=6007833431&hash=item28444bac8c:g:D~0AAOSwvR5Z-D4m
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    antipesto said:
    Hello folks. I'm looking toward spring, and thinking of busking. I like the look of a couple of Laney products, namely the A Fresco and AH4X4. Has anyone used these, please? 
    Please don't suggest Roland.... I'm not keen on them.

Thank you.
    OK - you say you don't like Roland but I have a few friends who busk and use Roland Cube Street amps which sound amazing  - I was also in Brussels in 2015 and saw a girl with an electro acoustic guitar and a vocal mic through a Cube Street and she sounded amazing.

Why don't you like them?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Partly the price, partly a neurosis. I tend to avoid the most popular things, like Taylor guitars, BMW's, Game of Thrones, Strictly Come Prancing, etc. 'Cos I'm a little awkward like that..... And usually fairly broke.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31632
    antipesto said:
    Partly the price, partly a neurosis. I tend to avoid the most popular things, like Taylor guitars, BMW's, Game of Thrones, Strictly Come Prancing, etc. 'Cos I'm a little awkward like that.
    I can certainly empathise with the desire to avoid mainstream blandness, but you're talking about the practical choice of a particular tool for a particular job, rather than making an artistic statement.

That said, out of all the amps I own, the only one I would fight to the death for is my Pignose 7-100.
    Battery powered, noisy, inefficient and gloriously raspy-sounding, it makes me want to play guitar more than any other amp I own. 
  • Yes, true. I do think though, that my one true love is out there, somewhere, and not wearing a Roland hat.

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31632
    antipesto said:
    Yes, true. I do think though, that my one true love is out there, somewhere, and not wearing a Roland hat.

Lol possibly, have you tried the Fender Amp Can? No idea how it is for vocals, but the clean guitar sound is excellent. 
  • Amp can? Hmmmmm,,,,,, Heading for Google........