SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For Sale: Original Boss CE1. 240v.

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30927
edited January 2018 in FX £
Sad to see this amazing tone machine go but times change and my MCC subs are needed to be paid this month.

£300 shipped.

Perfect order.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Great great pedal, and Ive played this one... the pre-amp is completely mesmerising 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • x-valves4everx-valves4ever Frets: 104
    edited December 2017
    These are good, I bought one way back in the 70’s when they first came out....only reservations are the input specs which are a little quirky by today’s standards...other than that this is pedal that started it all after the JC120 combo showed it’s face....copied but never bettered.....
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Price drop- one and only to £300

• Is it stock or has the pot been changed to a 500k?

DaveB666 said:
    Is it stock or has the pot been changed to a 500k?

Stock I believe.

• Hmm seriously considering this - whereabouts are you based?
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7151
    Nice pedals, I've owned a few of these and they are pretty decent. Odd input, but once you get it set right they sound great.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• Apparently it was designed for keyboards so the input impedance on stock models isnt good for guitars (a 50K pot) - the thing to do is change that for a 500K pot and it behaves much better.
  • Played one of these and recorded a solo with one. They are just delicious. I think JF from chili’s used one a lot too. Tasty!
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    I have to politely disagree with @DaveB666 regarding the input not being good for guitars .... As Stonevibe says, the sweet spot is just right. This particular one used to be mine and is an excellent example :)
  • Trade for a DigiTech bad monkey and some cash my way? About 50 quid sounds fair
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    DaveB666 said:
    Hmm seriously considering this - whereabouts are you based?
    Birmingham pal.

• Not too far then - Im in Hertfordshire. Ever down London way for work?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9555
    lento said:
    I have to politely disagree with @DaveB666 regarding the input not being good for guitars .... As Stonevibe says, the sweet spot is just right. This particular one used to be mine and is an excellent example :)
    I agree with @Lento here... mine was stock, and it the stock sound that works with the amazing pre amp in it.

Id never played one till I played this actual one. Loved it, and finally found one and bought it. I paid a lot more than this though !!
  • Not played a stock one myself but got the info from my mate Daniel Steinhardt of GigRig fame - he tends to know his shit but I will let you know once I get my hands on one and compare it to his.
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    edited January 2018
    DaveB666 said:
    Not played a stock one myself but got the info from my mate Daniel Steinhardt of GigRig fame
    CLANG!!!

;) 
    How very rock and roll
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    I opened this thread all prepared to attempt to argue you down to 300 quid so I'm a bit flummoxed now.
    SOLD

• DaveB666 said:
    Not played a stock one myself but got the info from my mate Daniel Steinhardt of GigRig fame
    CLANG!!!

;) 
    Shouldn't that be *HONK* for Dan?
  • I played mine through a Musicman HD130-212-EVM combo....Strat and Les Paul and it always sounded great.....never messed with the circuit....it was fine.....some owners are only happy if they are tweaking!....