Push pull wiring question

guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
edited December 2017 in Making & Modding
Is it ok to have incomplete wiring on a push pull pot?

This is the diagram I’d follow, except I’m currently still using batteries.

https://www.fishman.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Fluence-Modern-HB-Set-Wiring-Diagram-Vol-Tone-with-Universal-battery-Pack.pdf

I have a bunch of active pickups - I like EMG 81s but recently discovered Fishman Fluence Classics.

The Fishmans have additional voicing options. This is a picture of the moderns, the classics look similar but have no gain selection.

The regular EMG quick connect goes on the bottom 3 prongs as usual. Then there’s a possibility of using quick connects for the HF tilt and Voice 2. Currently I’m manually adding/removing jumpers (included) as necessary. 

So my question is

Can I have a cable wired up to be connected to the HF Tilt & Voice 2 pins, HF Tilt will be connected to ground and the voice will be on a push pull.

When I use the Fishmans I know that will work.

When I stick the EMGs back in will it be ok to leave the quick connect wires just in the pickup cavities? The soldered wires to ground and to the push pull pot would remain connected. But the quick connect end won’t be.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• m_cm_c Frets: 1243
    I don't see any reason why you can't, provided they're not going to be able to short against anything you don't want shorted to ground.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14455
    If the block connectors from the push-pull DPDT switch are not connected to anything, they cannot mess anything up.

In the event that you were to try a Seymour Duncan Blackouts active pickup, some of those have a two-pin connection on the underside. This chooses between two output levels.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited December 2017
    Excellent thanks guys.

I think that’s only specific Blackout sets, I have the AHB1 and AHB3s and they only have the 3 pin connector. IIRC the metal ones are the ones with two output levels