Boss Katana 100 best price..

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
edited December 2017 in Amps
If anyone is looking for a great price on a brand new Katana 100 with free delivery, Dawson's are selling them for £219.  Best UK price I've seen so far, but if anyone finds a better price then do post!

https://www.dawsons.co.uk/boss-katana-100-combo-1-x-12-inch-guitar-combo-amplifier
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Now that is fantastic. Absolute bargain.
  • Getting very tempting!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • very good price, wonder if theres a new model in the wings
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    There seems to be a fair bit of talk about a possible new model..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    edited December 2017
    I gave them a bit 'o time and watched a few reviews but still no-one can convince me that the head has a £100 more extras than the combo...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I gave them a bit 'o time and watched a few reviews but still no-one can convince me that the head has a £100 more extras than the combo...
    If you buy the head and the new 2x12 matching cab, you would find yourself down over £650!!  That is serious money for an amp you can buy in all intents and purposes for £170, albeit in a 1x12 and 50w.

The case for the Katana as the best amp under £350 is fairly solid no doubt, but for £650 you can get some serious kit surely?

I've got the K50 and for home use in my living room it's perfect.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    57Deluxe said:
    Basically comes down to how badly you want MIDI. I’m still slightly grumpy about it’s absence from my 2x12 combo...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    edited January 2018
    If you buy the head and the new 2x12 matching cab, you would find yourself down over £650!!  That is serious money for an amp you can buy in all intents and purposes for £170, albeit in a 1x12 and 50w.
    Now £163 for the 50w combo!! The head is £299 from Dawsons but it's still not cost effective unless you specifically want a head, really need MIDI, and have a cab already. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • the head does seem pricey in comparrison to the combos. For me, i dont need midi, and i dont think the weight difference is that much between the combo and the head (and then youd need a cabinet for gigging). I guess they believe that pro musos would want the flexibility of a head and be prepared to pay the premium. The heads can now be had for £299, the 100 combo is £219
  • The biggest advantage of the head for me is as a home practice amp using the built in speaker. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • The biggest advantage of the head for me is as a home practice amp using the built in speaker. 
    not sure why thats an advantage really over the combo. the footprint is the same, the weight isnt much in it, and the combo 12" speaker sounds just as good at low volumes
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11806
    The biggest advantage of the head for me is as a home practice amp using the built in speaker. 
    As @voxman said though you already had the cab, and if I recall didnt you also have a use for midi?

If someone is looking for a good home praccy Or Jam amp, take your pick from the 50 or 100 combo?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Back up to £239 at Dawsons...booooo!