Matchless & Bad Cat

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    garfy said:
    miserneil said:
    Good stuff @garfy! It’s just that bit far for me not to get down there....but I want to try out the K Master BadCats and the Satellite stuff they have in...it’ll be an expensive trip no doubt :)
    I left my wallet in the car as not to make any rash or rushed decisions....I’ll be back ASAP  =)
    The K Master is fantastic @miserneil, preamp almost wide open in their guitar room, Sounded huge but controlled, preamp down k master up.....clean notes hitting you in the chest :)
    Stop it @garfy, stop it.... ;)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    A new DC30 is £4,495.

Shit. The. Bed.
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    miserneil said:
    A new DC30 is £4,495.

Shit. The. Bed.
    And a new lightning is £2,695!  Yowser!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27066
    garfy said:
    miserneil said:
    Good stuff @garfy! It’s just that bit far for me not to get down there....but I want to try out the K Master BadCats and the Satellite stuff they have in...it’ll be an expensive trip no doubt :)
    I left my wallet in the car as not to make any rash or rushed decisions....I’ll be back ASAP  =)
    The K Master is fantastic @miserneil, preamp almost wide open in their guitar room, Sounded huge but controlled, preamp down k master up.....clean notes hitting you in the chest :)
    Can confirm all of this. They’re masterful amps
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ChesterChester Frets: 52
    extra wear on what? Your back certainly!!!!

I have a DC30
    I did have an Independence head and cab, which was only slightly easier to move

What cab did you use with the Indy head @ToneControl?

I brought mine used from Geoff at World Guitars a few years ago .. yours perchance? No loop and in as new condition ...
  • garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Update...
    Following a 2nd trip to Coda, i tried the Bad Cat Cub III Legacy version with Kmaster and a 2nd hand Black Cat without Kmaster....Both were gorgeous but for me the CubIII ticked all boxes...as Doug put it the hand wired amps against the USA player series (which i'd tried previously) just "had a bit more of everything"...so collection will be hopefully weds..weather permitting.

Cheers for the advice guys

Pics to follow once its "in da house"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The black cat will be hand wired wont it?
    pmg said:
    The black cat will be hand wired wont it?
    Yes the Black Cat is hand wired too, i tried a USA Player series cub a few weeks ago thats was superb too...PCB board version with SS rectifier.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    edited February 2018
    I love my Bad Cat Hot Cat 30R, sounds awesome with a Strat and with a little judicious tweaking the Les Paul roars nicely.  This replaced my Axe-Fx, that’s all I need to say tbh, fantastic vfm used but get a chiropractor

https://i.imgur.com/fAtkLMO.jpg
  • Wisdom awarded. Welcome to the cub, ahem, club :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Wisdom awarded. Welcome to the cub, ahem, club :)
     :) Such a versatile amp the Cub...maybe loosing a few pedals me thinks  ;)
  • Both myself and @rocktrout of this parish are dyed in the wool Matchless converts (Chieftain and Sc30 respectively). Trouty also lurves the Bad cats - havent tried em myself but I have heard Mr rocktrout  knock it out of the park with his....
    1st world problems huh?!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 340
    I’ve just become the proud owner of a king cobra combo and can attest it’s absolutely awesome. It’s built like a tank as well (weighs like one as well). Superbly crafted amp
    tFB Trader
    Both myself and @rocktrout of this parish are dyed in the wool Matchless converts (Chieftain and Sc30 respectively). Trouty also lurves the Bad cats - havent tried em myself but I have heard Mr rocktrout  knock it out of the park with his....
    1st world problems huh?!
    'Trouty' has got my old, original BadCat, small world :) 
    (formerly miserneil)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    edited March 2018
    Total Bad Cat man here, love my 2004 Hot Cat Combo 30r (has a tube buffered fx loop), can pretty much get any sound going from it. In a perfect world, I would have separate head and cab due to weight plus a Black Cat 30r head for that one sound I cant get from the Hot Cat 

While I'm here does anybody know where you can get the small bulbs for the  Bad Cat logo from?

https://i.imgur.com/IjoDcM8.jpg
    My rig is a black cat 30r and a classic deluxe -love it!  Occasionally used a matchless lightning which seems to love my Les Paul 
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 178
    i had a Matchless Chieftain combo. Weighed a ton but hands down the best amp i ever had (and i have had a LOT). Gutted i sold it tbh
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    sted said:
    Never tried a badcat but gigged a Matchless Independence for years, absolute tank of an amp, sounded great past halfway with the master pushed in to open it up further but as pointed out sounded garbage at low volume, don't know what it was but just fizzed out completely, they really need to breathe.
    Really miss that Matchless sound, if a decent 1x12 combo came up I think I'd be finding it difficult to pass up.
    Here’s your Independence transplanted into a 112, revalved with nos mullards and a set of new power valves it sounds great at low volume. 
    Definitely best turned up though. 

Still weighs a ton.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1znooci.jpg