Where do you plug in?

skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
Bit of a random one this. Relating to amps and effects power supplies actually. 

Now, I only have a double socket available, so I plug my amp into a mains extension which takes up one socket. I also have a pair of kitsound hi-fi type amplified speakers that I plug into the same extension as the amp. I use them to play music via my phone and jam along to.

My zuma power supply is plugged into the wall, using the other mains socket next to the extension.

I wondered if theres a right or wrong way for this. Can noise be introduced or any ill effects by doing this? 

I don’t really understand electrics and ring mains and such you see! 

Could be a ridiculous question, but I like learning. 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72508
    It really makes no difference if everything is as it should be, but as a general rule it's better to keep equipment which is being used together on the same extension.

So in this case it would be safer to plug the amp and the pedal power supply into the extension, and the hi-fi speakers into the other wall socket.

The principle is to minimise the number of connections between two things you may touch at the same time, at which the earth continuity could be broken.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom