HAPPY NEW YEAR and here's to 2018 (guitar related)

What's Hot
Hi all
Heading into 2018 really so much happier with my guitar setup than 12 months ago.
Tele, Strat, Carr Sportsman, 7/8 pedals.
Sorted....I reckon although the lure of a 335 May be too strong and the Strat will get the shove!
Sending this post as a note to self to play more and swap gear less in 2018. 
Anyone else share this drive!
Happy playing new Year!!
Jon
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    JonHosker said:
    the lure of a 335 may be too strong and the Strat will get the shove!
    Poppycock. You need both. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7130
    a strat is for life, not just for christmas
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Heading into 2018

Guitars - done
    Amps - done
    Pedals - with the exception of one, done
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    Yes, I think your Strat attitude leaves a lot to be desired.  Have you learnt nothing this year?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    If you get rid of the Strat you will regret it - believe me
    We are all Chameleons...
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Ordered a Boss Katana last year, hopefully Fed Ex can squeeze it in for this year
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7130
    Ordered a Boss Katana last year, hopefully Fed Ex can squeeze it in for this year
    got a 50, cracking little box
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11837
    tony99 said:
    got a 50, cracking little box
    Seconded
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Happy New Year indeed!

Here's to learning some new songs (Ed: more than two?)
    Here's to bonding more with the guitars/equipment I do have, than searching out for the elusive Unicorn. (Wot no GAS?)
    Here's to digging out some up-to-date musical inspiration. (That doesn't mean a new recording of yesterday's hits)
    Here's to the growth of The Fretboard, and the continued success of those members and companies that grace its pages.

Thank you to all who make this an interesting and varied place to visit. More of the same, please. And lastly, here's to the people in the background who make this happen. Especially @TTony, and @digitalscream.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2209
    edited January 2018
    I'd like to sort a dedicated guitar with high action and 12s just for slide, ...... This just caught my eye today, ... 

https://www.coda-music.com/winter-sale/gordon-smith-gs-natural.html

• dindudedindude Frets: 8540

Yup. REALLY determined not to arse about with kit this year. I did slow down quite a bit in 2017 but still too much faffing.

I end the year with 3 great electrics, 1 great acoustic and 1 cheap but fine bass, a great amp (Sportsman like OP) and a very sorted pedalboard. I couldn't of dreamt of this sort of kit in my formative years, couldn't really ask for more so just get on and enjoy.

I've got a spare wall hanger so I think my plan will be to scratch the inevitable urges in 2018 by having a guest slot, you know, buying without any intention of long term ownership, just to scratch that itch on a strictly one at a time basis - calculating up front any financial loss as "rental" charges over the period of ownership, although if I but s/h the damage won't be a lot.

• JonHosker said:
    the lure of a 335 may be too strong and the Strat will get the shove!
    Poppycock. You need both. :)
    FWIW once you're used to your 335 you'll hardly touch the strat. That's my experience, and I'ver had my strat for 10 years longer than I've had my 335.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
    CS Strat is Great, but i significantly missed the '9' in the '69' neck shape (69 reissue! Doh) thinking it was a 65 which is my favourite neck profile. Distant purchase from Peach, and 9 months in..I still can't enjoy it.
    I will learn!!