Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ibanez nutubescramer

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Since when have pedals had anything to do with what we need ;) ?
    still I would ask if we have hit peak tubescreamer...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Cabicular said:
    I get your point but it just seems all too much sometimes or is it just because we are just too fickle and simply want the latest thang ;) I have to be honest and say that slot of these drives available are sounding all the same to my ears. Albeit they will sound different through different amps etc. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Cabicular said:
    I get your point but it just seems all too much sometimes or is it just because we are just too fickle and simply want the latest thang ;) I have to be honest and say that slot of these drives available are sounding all the same to my ears. Albeit they will sound different through different amps etc. 
    I wouldn’t even like to count how many drive pedals I have on various boards or shelves or drawers ...
    You could probably get down to 3 or 4 different types of you put an EQ pedal after them
    but they are ‘small objects of desire’ and that fulfills a need in many of us
    The shinier the box the better
    I can’t soeak for everyone but when it comes to pedals and common sense, I can’t get those two things to co-exist
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Am I the only one who keeps reading this as Nut Lube Screamer.

Thought So.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    So hands up who's so impressed they're getting their £239 ready to buy one ? (my hands are down) :o
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    They’ll be £150 after they realise that no one will pay the going rate,  still sounds uninspiring tbh 
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    interested in the pedal, hard to be excited by the price for a tube screamer variant 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    edited January 2018
    Too expensive for what it is. Nope.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    dindude said:
    Am I the only one who keeps reading this as Nut Lube Screamer.

Thought So.
    I honestly thought that at first glance. Would have been a better name too. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    Jesus have you ever heard such a lackluster sound from such expensive gear? 

Seriously, how is it possible to make a 335 directly into a Tweed Twin sound so breathtakingly drab? Switching the pedals on didn't help much either, that was the most unusably shit guitar tone I've heard for some time. 

They should fire that guy immediately. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72367
    p90fool said:

Seriously, how is it possible to make a 335 directly into a Tweed Twin sound so breathtakingly drab? Switching the pedals on didn't help much either, that was the most unusably shit guitar tone I've heard for some time. 

Agreed. It's that "guitar is a midrange instrument" sound which seems to be so popular now. Dry, boxy, no dynamics, no bottom end, no top end. Some people apparently like it...

Also, the standard Tube Screamer does *not* blend clean tone along with the distorted tone as he says. It simply doesn't clip the lower range of the signal, which is not the same thing at all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413
    Awful demo, terrible tone .

Just been looking at the specs of a nutube, the basic gain of 5 means an overall gain of 25 which isn't great and the current sourcing is terrible so it will have to drive into a high impedance buffer before you could take it any stage further. The low voltage operation is ideal for pedals though and the tiny currents mean biasing is easy. Wouldn't be hard to make a basic boost with the basic ref circuit driving into a buffer ...... whether it would sound any better than a pure SS boost is debatable though
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    edited January 2018
    ICBM said:
    p90fool said:

Agreed. It's that "guitar is a midrange instrument" sound which seems to be so popular now. Dry, boxy, no dynamics, no bottom end, no top end. Some people apparently like it...

Also, the standard Tube Screamer does *not* blend clean tone along with the distorted tone as he says. It simply doesn't clip the lower range of the signal, which is not the same thing at all.
    Exactly, he's mixing it with up the Sparkle Drive or that Danelectro thing, which basically has a sweepable control varying from 'Mended' to 'Broken'. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    That guy is supposedly an official Ibanez demonstrator :o. To echo others, it just sounds like a tubescreamer, it doesn't sound different to my £25 Joyo Vintage Overdrive or £15 DIY tubescreamer.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Tagboards have already got a schematic up, using the the Nutube module, called the Nuverdrive+. Not sure how or if it's related to the Nutubescreamer? http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/nuverdrive.html

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I see they taken the aesthetic of the new Danos

https://www.thomann.de/pics/bdb/424066/12510972_800.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Disappointing. Its expensive and doesn't sound like a tubescreamer. They've taken everything that makes a tubescreamers identity and made it very bland. Theres no mid hump, too much level and its just not as good as a TS9 or 808. 

Fair play for trying to embrace new technology, but theres nothing in this pedal that can't be done by pedals a third of its price.

It does look great though!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slateslate Frets: 89
    timmysoft said:
    I've tried one of these now. 

Disappointing. Its expensive and doesn't sound like a tubescreamer. They've taken everything that makes a tubescreamers identity and made it very bland. Theres no mid hump, too much level and its just not as good as a TS9 or 808. 

Fair play for trying to embrace new technology, but theres nothing in this pedal that can't be done by pedals a third of its price.

It does look great though!
    Its all packed and ready to go back !!