2»

Comments

• TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    m_c said:
    Stu_tate said:
    m_c said:
    sgosden said:

With these sort switch boards, I'm guessing the foot switch is a SPST that sets and resets the relay coil?

Could you have a bypass looper with 3 in/outs, but with the switches in a different box? so you could have a couple of fx in the loop of an amp, sat on top within the looper, with the switches 20 ft away at front of stage. kinda similar to the gigrig remote loopy I guess.

Yes, and yes.
    And that second idea has just given me something to consider for the switcher I'm building for the first quarter challenge.

Something to consider with the suggestions made, is that Mammoth one uses a latching relay (means it'll only use power during switching), whereas that coda one uses a standard relay (needs power to stay switched). If you're running of a power supply, it's not issue, but if you're relying on batteries, the Coda one will use more power.
    I'll measure the power draw later and report back (Y) 

Datasheet for the NA5W-K used in the coda one states the coil power is 200mW, but that drops below 80mW when active, which at 9V should be around 22mA and 9mA. Actually just realised they're using a linear regulator to power everything at 5V, so you're probably looking at quite a bit more than 22mA and 9mA.

The specs for the Mammoth one are less than 0.0008 mA off, 3mA while on, and 23mA during switching.

Runs around 24ma while switched on including the LED (it's about 3.5ma in it's own). No spike on activation at least not that I can see on my meter. 

So assuming that a PP3 is around 200mah it would drain it in 8 hours know time give or take. 
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I’m waiting for these to come back into stock and will let you know what they’re like when I’ve tried one

https://lovemyswitches.com/super-premium-3pdt-latched-foot-switch-soft-click/
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    Adam_MD said:
    I’m waiting for these to come back into stock and will let you know what they’re like when I’ve tried one

Interesting, though at that price it might be worth pulling a std. one apart to see if it can be made quieter.

I'm sure I've got a couple lying around so I'll have a look inside one.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Paul_C said:
    Adam_MD said:

Interesting, though at that price it might be worth pulling a std. one apart to see if it can be made quieter.

I'm sure I've got a couple lying around so I'll have a look inside one.

I’m quite happy using alpha DPDT with an opto coupler in my builds but I think it’s worth a punt to try these out once just to see what they’re like.  
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3128
    edited January 2018
    Curious as to why the actual switch itself can add/ subtract any load to a circuit? In my head the Mammoth kit adds an extra bunch of electronics you don’t need. It seems to me the OP just needs a switch with less physical resistance than the present one
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk