Guitar and amp to take abroad

What's Hot
pottolompottolom Frets: 114
My in-laws live abroad in another European country and I head over there at least once or twice a year, usually for a week or two at a time.

Unfortunately, no-one in my wife's family plays guitar, so I don't have any way of practising while I'm there, so I'd like to buy a guitar to leave there and practise on when I'm visiting.

I could buy a guitar when I'm next there, but new guitars there tend to be more expensive than here in the UK, and the used market is very limited.

My plan then is to buy something second-hand here in the UK and take it with me:
  • I'm not really an acoustic player, so something electric, with a bolt-on neck (so I can disassemble it and stick it into a large suitcase layered between clothes);
  • I'd also need a small practise amp (the smaller the better, preferably with a headphone socket). Is there anything so small that would fit in a suitcase?
  • For guitar and amp, I'd like not to spend more than £250-300 in total.
Obviously, there's not much point in spending a *lot* of money here, but equally I'd like it to be playable. One option would be a second-hand Squier Classic Vibe. Does anyone have any other suggestions? And does anyone know of a suitable amplifier?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments