Ever Been Hoodwinked By A Band?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    I thought that Harry Shearer went on tour with Saxon by way of research, so the Saxon claim re: Smalls is pretty solidly backed up?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9678
    Military Wives - Turned out to be just a load of ladies singing...
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I agree about The Killers. The first album had about four singles and the rest was filler. I got the second album just in case I was wrong. But it was still shite.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7176
    edited January 2018
    AC/DC in some ways. Mate of mine had Back in Black when we were kids and I loved it. I then bought the next 3 AC/DC albums when they came out  (I had missed the release of For those about to rock so it was Flick of the switch, fly on the wall and blow up your video) and didn’t like any of them.  It was years later when I stumbled across Highway to Hell and then realised that it was the Bonn Scott era that did it for me (although I though Black Ice was pretty good)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12371
    Pink Floyd - heard ‘Shine On You Crazy Diamond’ on the radio in the late 70s and and immediately bought WYWH - which remains one of my favourite albums. But what they made prior - or after - is at best ‘patchy’. I accept this may not be a popular opinion....
    I thought my opinion about Led Zep may be controversial!  I like parts of Syd Barratt era and post the wall, but the wall, DSOTM, Meddle and WYWH are permanents in my all time albums list.  I have friends who think its all over blown self-indulgent drivel though.