What Fuzz for this sound please?

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
I'm liking the sound of the Fuzz in this video at 7:37... is there anything budget that will achieve this with single coils? 

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    I assume you've seen the list of pedals being used at 7.43? The Half Horse is the fuzz, apparently a Jfet based one! The problem with a lot of fuzz demos etc on Youtube is that they're often fed into already overdriving amps and the guy above may well be feeding the fuzz into the 50/50 overdrive, doesn't say. Could try some budget silicon fuzz face like Mooer Blue Faze?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    edited January 2018
    Octafish said:
    I assume you've seen the list of pedals being used at 7.43? The Half Horse is the fuzz, apparently a Jfet based one! The problem with a lot of fuzz demos etc on Youtube is that they're often fed into already overdriving amps and the guy above may well be feeding the fuzz into the 50/50 overdrive, doesn't say. Could try some budget silicon fuzz face like Mooer Blue Faze?
     I had clocked the pedals used right at the beginning and missed the list further on, which led to mistakenly thinking the 50/50 was producing the sound I like, that explains why other demos of the 50/50 failed to impress!
    Thanks!
    Confirmation I'm a retard!
    I already have a Dunlop Hendrix Fuzz Face Mini.....but can't achieve thae sound like the Half Horse, even using Amp gain.....

So, now I need to listen to demos of the Half Horse, is there anything else similar to the Half Horse?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30294
    The demo on the Pelican site sounds like a silicon fuzz face.